Apostroph im Datei oder Ordnernamen

DRW19

Es geht bei mir speziell um sehr viele Musiktitel, die er alle nicht findet oder falsch zuordnet und auch dann nicht abspielen kann.
Mit dem normalen Apostroph geht es nicht, mit dem Ersatzzeichen (gerader Strich) findet er den Titel und spielt Dann auch ab.

Hier ein Beispiel:
Livin’ on a Prayer (Normales Apostroph - geht nicht)
Livin' on a Prayer (Ersatz Apostroph - geht)

Habe versucht mich in das Thema Apostroph reinzulesen, finde aber keine wirklich befriedigende Aussage hierzu. 
Im Zweifelsfall muss ich eininge Tausend Titel umbenennen, die ich in meiner DJ Datenbank habe wo dann sicherlich durch das umbenennen die Titel auch nicht wiederfinde.

The normal apostrophe doesn't work, the substitute apostrophe (straight line) does. 
The server does not find any files with the normal apostrophe. @Happy2Play

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Sprechen wir über Such- oder Dateinamen mit Apostrophen oder Prime?

Are we talking about search or files names with apostrophes or prime?

no idea what character was used here.

image.png.cc512bc8894638f74b65e095d1b23f94.png

Edited by Happy2Play

it's about the apostrophe. The normal doesn't work. The straight line works.

Livin’ on a Prayer (doesn‘t works)
Livin' on a Prayer (works)

Happy2Play

Don't know as copy and pasting either of those works.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

No, the keyboard apostrophe works.  Not sure how to make the other character.

But copy and paste of the two both work for me.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

@DRW19 Sorry cannot reproduce issue with

Livin' On A Prayer

image.png.0ed8844c300bded72a41e5cd063d2b7a.png

or

Livinʼ On A Prayer 

image.png.343470f2c90dd37e705f406abd0bbda8.png

So how do you make the characters you are using as a copy and paste of your examples work and charmap works?

• Thanks 1

I don‘t do it with copy and paste. I do it with the Keyboard and in Germany is the Apostroph like your second Photo, and that dosn‘t work in emby.

• 2 weeks later...
visproduction

Keyboard German Apostroph is not the same as English Keyboard apostroph.  If you want to duplicate the problem testing in English speaking countries, change your keyboard to German and use the on screen keyboard, because when you do that American and English keyboards will no longer be valid.

Fixing this would probably run a character search for any German apostroph and replace it with an English apostroph, before running a search.  It's a bit of a falling into the rabbit hole (Alice in Wonderland) problem, because other languages can have similar issues with strange character replacements.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Searching and converting is a problem, because I use the same files in my DJ software and then all my playlists are destroyed.

Happy2Play

@visproduction do you know the characters code on the charmap?  I would assume the character code is the same no matter the country.

Edited by Happy2Play

pünktchen
33 minutes ago, DRW19 said:

@Happy2PlayYes, that´s the Apostroph we use in Germany. It´s the Acute Accent.

Maybe that is what you use as Apostroph, but not Germans in general. It is meant for use with other letters like á, é or ú.

@pünktchen No this is wrong. It is the correct Apostroph in Germany. You can look at Wikipedia how to make an German Apostroph. The Accent is over the letter an the Apostroph behind the letter. You make in different ways. The Accent is: first the accent an than the letter. The Apostroph is frst the letter an than the accent. When you read German Websites there is everywhere the same Apostroph as mine.

I find the Apostroph problem in many forum with databases, a thats why nobody outside Germany understand the problem 

Edited by DRW19

pünktchen
1 hour ago, DRW19 said:

No this is wrong. It is the correct Apostroph in Germany. You can look at Wikipedia how to make an German Apostroph. The Accent is over the letter an the Apostroph behind the letter. You make in different ways. The Accent is: first the accent an than the letter. The Apostroph is frst the letter an than the accent.

No, you are wrong. Did you even looked yourself at Wikipedia? The correct Apostroph U+2019 is not even available on a german keyboard. Akut U+00B4 is not the correct sign.
In the end it doesn't really matter and the question should be: How are you generating your "Apostroph" in your filenames? So that others can try to replicate your issue.

Happy2Play

I am not able to replicate an issue with this one either. 

But can say your example does not look like this character.

Livin’ on a Prayer

Livin´ on a Prayer (using acute accent keyboard and charmap)

Unless this is a specific/regional issue, I cannot replicate it.  

• Like 1