emby does not correctly identify a movie

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

Hello, I would be happy to help
emby misidentifies the movie X-men: First Class
At first he identifies it as a documentary film: X-Men: First Class 35mm Special (2011), ID number in tmdb - 691677

Even after I change the movie identification in both tmdb and imdb
He still doesn't recognize the film correctly!

pwhodges

Have you just changed the values in the metadata, or have you actually gone through the identify procedure using the correct id? 

My practice in this kind of situation is simply to add [tmdbid=49538] to the folder name; the change forces Emby to re-identify it, and the value overrides the previous error (the value I've given is the one you need in this case) - it also ensures that the identification remains correct if a full rescan is required for any reason.

Paul

CAPRICORNX10X

excellent I will try it now.
With this method that changes the name of the folder,
Does it just force emby to take that info?

Can I do this with all movies? Right...

CAPRICORNX10X
9 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

simply to add [tmdbid=49538] to the folder name

Tried changing the folder name as you suggested didn't help.
Where exactly do I add it? At the end at the beginning?

pwhodges

At the end (and with the brackets).  I don't know why it wouldn't work - I do this regularly with tricky items (though only two of my hundreds of mainstream movies need it), and it never fails for me.  My main use of it is for operas, which I wish to name in the filing system differently from how the metadata providers name them.

What is your folder structure?  I use the recommended format of a folder under the library folder for each movie separately, and no further nesting (such as grouping folder for a series - these get joined as collections in Emby, but not in the file system).

Paul

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, Luke said:

What was the solution?

Add to folder [tmdbid=49538] - "At the end (and with the brackets)"

CAPRICORNX10X
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Maybe @Happy2Play can report that to them.

I also reported.

From what I've seen there are more reports about it.
Look at the answer they gave

2022-08-05 copy.png

Try responding with this:

The issue is actually more basic and has nothing to do with documentary/movie/series classification.

If you search for "X-Men: First Class", there is an exact title match in the search results, but this is the second result in the list. For example:

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=X-Men%3A+First+Class

Instead, "X-Men: First Class 35mm Special" gets chosen as the best match. Applications can workaround this, but such workarounds can sometimes have negative effects. Ideally their search engine would be smart enough to order the results based on how closely they match the search criteria.

• 2 weeks later...
CAPRICORNX10X
On 8/5/2022 at 10:20 PM, Luke said:

Try responding with this:

The issue is actually more basic and has nothing to do with documentary/movie/series classification.

If you search for "X-Men: First Class", there is an exact title match in the search results, but this is the second result in the list. For example:

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=X-Men%3A+First+Class

Instead, "X-Men: First Class 35mm Special" gets chosen as the best match. Applications can workaround this, but such workarounds can sometimes have negative effects. Ideally their search engine would be smart enough to order the results based on how closely they match the search criteria.

Okay,
This is the answer from tmdb support
They say the problem is here with emby

2.png

rbjtech
24 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Okay,
This is the answer from tmdb support
They say the problem is here with emby

2.png

Then they are wrong .. lol

As Luke explained above - if you query 'X-Men: First Class' - you don't get back that as the 1st result.  It should an EXACT match - why is it not ?

I'm not sure how TMDB think this is not their problem - it is.

If you try 'X-Men: F' - you get X-Men: Days of Future Past as the first entry !  ?? Please ask them to explain the logic here and maybe Emby can accommodate.

image.thumb.png.dafee3676d032e231cf9995e1856939a.png

CAPRICORNX10X
5 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Then they are wrong .. lol

As Luke explained above - if you query 'X-Men: First Class' - you don't get back that as the 1st result.  It should an EXACT match - why is it not ?

I'm not sure how TMDB think this is not their problem - it is.

If you try 'X-Men: F' - you get X-Men: Days of Future Past as the first entry !  ?? Please ask them to explain the logic here and maybe Emby can accommodate.

image.thumb.png.dafee3676d032e231cf9995e1856939a.png

is send again you and luke comment

Happy2Play

The Mods over there don't see it as a problem as TMDB does not have an exact search function.  But technically the discussion in that item is not the correct area as there is not issue with this item itself.

Reported Problem for X-Men: First Class 35mm Special - Discuss X-Men: First Class 35mm Special — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

Search results priorities - Talk — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Looks like it's on their to do list, no?

Per the response it would apear so.

rbjtech
5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

The Mods over there don't see it as a problem as TMDB does not have an exact search function.  But technically the discussion in that item is not the correct area as there is not issue with this item itself.

Reported Problem for X-Men: First Class 35mm Special - Discuss X-Men: First Class 35mm Special — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

Search results priorities - Talk — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

lol - this is sorta fundamental to a metadata database no ?

"let me search for accurate metadata and get a load of irrelevant junk back, but the answer you want is likely in there somewhere - you sort it out.."

🤣

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

Even if they don't care about what comes out of the API, you'd think they'd want their search page to produce the best results as possible.

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Even if they don't care about what comes out of the API, you'd think they'd want their search page to produce the best results as possible.

very true