About sorting libraries - ES 4750

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
Today I noticed (I did several tests and that's why I quote 'confirmation'), that Emby is not organizing in the selected display order.
The Series library is selected to sort by title, but several of them are out of order.
I did the library screening three times and I also did the general screening twice and nothing changed.
I don't think the log helps with this and for that reason I don't attach it, but if I need it I can attach it here.
Thanks for any tips.

Screenshot.png

CarlosLima

Hi, yes of course.
I have a suspicion of what it could be...
I live in Brazil and I select to get metadata in Portuguese, so even editing Emby it does the job correctly (getting the TMDB title in Portuguese) but I edit (change) the titles to the original (or global in English) but I believe that Emby is not considering my edit, keeping the alphabetical order of the title in Portuguese.
The reason I select to get the title in portuguese and after manually editing all the titles to the original (or global english) is because the synopsis and everything else i want in portuguese, but only the title in use the original and the Emby Do not do that. On Kodi we have the option to get the metadata in Portuguese but keep the original title. I hope Emby has this feature in the future.
Given this, is it possible to make Emby accept and consider the series title to be edited (changed) and not what it originally tracked?
Thanks

You have to check them all and compare the sort titles of all of them to each other. Until you do that we're kind of just guessing at why they're not sorting correctly.

CarlosLima

Look, I think you'll understand what's going on...
- image1 shows the TMDB page, with the series in Portuguese (initial title by the letter A)
- image2 is the series details screen, with the title edited to the original
- image3 is the Emby editing screen, with the 3 fields with the original title. Emby should sort this series on the letter B but it's sorting on the letter A

This makes me believe that Emby is not accepting editing the title for sorting, even with the title changed to the original.

ordem1.png

ordem2.png

ordem3.png

And this is my configuration for that library. Emby applies the Portuguese metadata (correctly) but the problem is that Emby doesn't consider editing the title for sorting. I have hundreds like that and I'm sure that's the cause of many series out of order.

Screenshot.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

I ran new tests and found it.
Emby is not considering editing in this field, which promises to sort by the text that is there. In fact, it sorts by this field, yes, but it uses the original data that it obtained in the library tracking and does not consider if this field changes. I believe that just fix this and everything will work as it should.

Screenshot.png

CarlosLima

Further tests and discover the 'solution', that is, the problem still persists but I found that by checking the box the item is transferred to the correct place, that is, the alphabetical ordering is corrected.
[x] Lock this item to prevent future changes

Happy2Play

I just changed the Portuguese Title to English, and it sorted properly ie to B instead of A.

Screenshot.png

CarlosLima

I understood.  For me it ordered correctly only with the action I quoted in the previous comment.