Music Artist/Album Artist thumbnail images not saving to media folders

berrick
Go to solution Solved by berrick,

berrick

I'm still on server v4.7.5.0 with NFO metadata plugin 1.0.69.0

I'm having difficulty getting images for my music library to download to the media folders. Previously all images were saving to a common folder EmbyMetadata\metadata. I have removed this from the server config but it made no difference.

My Video library works just great downloading images to the media folder and as far as I can see the music library is configured the same.

I have tried many different ways to get this to work but all fail.

Images etc are downloading so not a problem there

Any suggestions what I can try?

TYIA

berrick

Anyone??

1. I know emby has correct permissions as art work is written to Video folder and music folders have same permissions.
  2. I have removed folders from and re added back to library
  3. Added new, never seen content 
  4. I have refreshed metadata with 
    1. replace all metadata
    2. replace all existing images

And whilst Emby pulls down the images they are not stored in the media folder.

Is it not possible, as I'm thinking, for music images etc to be store in the media folder with the audio??

berrick

Currently Music Library settings are as per the attached image.

Library options as emby2.jpg

Emby.jpg

Emby2.jpg

OK, try using the image editor on an album artist to change the image and see where it gets downloaded to.

berrick

Hi Luke, carried out some checks. Hope this helps

Dependent on which view you are looking in. Albums, Album artist, artist or folders dictates what artwork image editor display's. So no common set of images are displayed.

For example, when using image editor, having a banner image in album view doesn't mean there will be a banner image when using image editor to display images in albums or folder view

Adding logo art in folder view doesn't shows in artist and album artist but does show in album view.

Images uploaded in image editor only get added to the media folder if uploaded via image editor in album view

Uploading images in any other view, they are stored in what ever folder is set in

image.png.00a3dd01b67f2e4f4149ad8250d793c7.png

Adding logo art in folder view doesn't shows in artist and album artist but does show in album view.

Adding a logo art to what exactly?

Images uploaded in image editor only get added to the media folder if uploaded via image editor in album view

What about an adding an image in artist view?

berrick
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Adding a logo art to what exactly?

Adding logo art to an album when accessed via folder view

image.png.460795b5f4648aa7d229047764faa329.png

Just to confirm this image is downloaded to the media folder but it doesn't show as an uploaded image in any other view. IE Albums, Album Artist or Artist UNLESS I refresh metadata individually whilst in each of these views

2 hours ago, Luke said:

What about an adding an image in artist view?

Images uploaded in artist view aren't downloaded to media folders

Thanks Luke

34 minutes ago, berrick said:

Adding logo art to an album when accessed via folder view

image.png.460795b5f4648aa7d229047764faa329.png

Just to confirm this image is downloaded to the media folder but it doesn't show as an uploaded image in any other view. IE Albums, Album Artist or Artist UNLESS I refresh metadata individually whilst in each of these views

Images uploaded in artist view aren't downloaded to media folders

Thanks Luke

Does the artist folder name exactly match the name of the album artist tagged into the media?

berrick
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Does the artist folder name exactly match the name of the album artist tagged into the media?

Nooooo, I don't believe it does :(

image.png.d10a92440840302696bb946a3e3d8b8e.png

Luke, rather than me guess. What specifically do you suggest I change to see if it makes any improvement?

Edited by berrick

Problems I see:

• You lied to the server about your music folder structure. This is pretty much guaranteed to cause quirks and anomalies if you say you have a certain folder structure but you actually don't.
  • You don't even an artist folder here, or album folder. It's a combination of the two

Please note, neither of these are required to import media into Emby and play your music. But they are required if you want artwork to be saved in media folders.

What you should do:

• Set the music folder structure back to Other, then just enjoy your music without caring where images get saved
  • Or pick whichever option you're willing to organize for, but then actually make sure your music conforms to it

berrick

Hay Luke,

I will try changing the folder structure back to other and test again. Sorry I thought I had mentioned that it was other to start with and changed when I was trying to sort the problem.

I will do this now and see what happens

berrick

@Luke

Thanks for sticky with me. I'm looking into this but do have a question?

The images that get pulled down by the server are they supposed to be stored in the media folders?

Happy2Play

As mentioned above only if the exact conditions exist per the option folder structure option.

Other will always be /metadata/musicalbums, /metadata/musicartists

Album/Track should save Album info in album folder

AlbumArtist/Album/Track should save in perspective media folder assuming proper matching can be made.

Note folder view will use the images that exist in media folders.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
berrick

Hi Both,

Thanks for helping my understanding of how this works.

As said I have carried out some testing using a test library configured as per your comments re emby naming convention 

\Test
    \Artist Name
       \Album Name
          1- Song.mp3
          2- Song.mp3

The emby naming convention states, "Any naming convention for audio files is acceptable. Track numbers are retrieved using embedded ID3 tag information" So I haven't made any changes to the track names.

Automatically, I don't get any images other than the Album image and all album tracks are duplicated. If I force a metadata refresh on individual views emby automatically downloads images but again they aren't stored in media folder 

As far as I understand all tags are correct so according to Happy2Play 

22 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

As mentioned above only if the exact conditions exist per the option folder structure option.

What else do I need to check or am I doing wrong?

berrick

Hi Luke,

No it was already in db. I copied it to the test library removing .nfo and any images.

I did do a manual refresh of metadata.

Hoping to have some fresh albums to add shortly

2 hours ago, berrick said:

Hi Luke,

No it was already in db. I copied it to the test library removing .nfo and any images.

I did do a manual refresh of metadata.

Hoping to have some fresh albums to add shortly

If the artist is already in the database, then just adding more songs or albums to that artist is not going to change the artist metadata. For that you'd have to refresh the metadata on the artist.

That's why adding new audio with a new artist would be the best way to test.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
berrick

Hi Both,

Long delay in replying, sorry, RL getting in the way.

OK, so just to confirm, in my test library if I add an artist and some music I have not added previously and it has art work to download then YES it goes in media folders.

Apart from the folder image for the album.

SO consider this post closed.

Many thanks for all the help.

• Thanks 1