No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later

anonyms

HI, this looks like a possible culprit:

23:33:04.944 /volume1/Anime/Komi Can't Communicate/Season 01/Komi Can't Communicate - S01E02 - It's just a childhood friend. Plus more.mkv: Permission denied

anonyms

why permission deny can you help to fix.

I'm running Emby on DSM, i used docker for sickchill and qbittorrent to download anime,  docker container have root access.

@Luke

@anonyms have you checked the permissions recursively? They could be getting overridden for a subfolder or file underneath.

• 2 months later...
muddyfrog

I am having the same issue.  I have checked the permissions and installed Emby again.  Strange thing is some files will play and some won't.  Those that won't the log says permission denied.  They are in the same folder heiarchhy and the emby user has read & write for the whole directory.  Files play when I play from the share. 

embyserver(4).txt

muddyfrog

Yes, I set everyone to be able to read and write since the log had a permissions message.  What is very strabge is some will play and some won't.  I also have a TV folder and it does not have a problem playing anything. 

image.thumb.png.243789b7ca9ee1527a2d1018b4c55c6d.png

39 minutes ago, muddyfrog said:

Yes, I set everyone to be able to read and write since the log had a permissions message.  What is very strabge is some will play and some won't.  I also have a TV folder and it does not have a problem playing anything. 

image.thumb.png.243789b7ca9ee1527a2d1018b4c55c6d.png

have you checked the permissions recursively? They could be getting overridden for a subfolder or file underneath.

muddyfrog

I think I figured it out.  The download client was misbehaving and not setting permissions correctly.   Reworked SAB NZB and they are playing now.

• Thanks 1