Photo Problems

Edgephoto

Edgephoto

I tried Emby Premiere for two months. Unfortunately there are major issues that need fixing before I can make the switch.

1. TV Shows don't reliably match. Yes, they are named properly. Manually checking over 2000 TV Series is not something I am going to do.

2. AppleTV app need to have the jump to first letter menu like every other app.

3. A stable build to run on Mac hardware. I have an M1 and it is only running Emby and every day or two it has issues.

The AppleTV issue has been reported for years so I am not holding hope that it gets fixed. The promised Apple silicon build is vaporware too. 

I do like the simple interface. I will check periodically to see if these deal breakers ever get resolved. If they do then Emby is a serious contender. 

Edgephoto

I had the same issue on a Mac mini M1. The only software running is Emby. I even went as far as reloading the OS and starting from scratch. Same issue.

I gave up on it and cancelled my month to month subscription. 

1. TV Shows don't reliably match. Yes, they are named properly. Manually checking over 2000 TV Series is not something I am going to do.

Hi there @Edgephoto can we please look at a specific example? How exactly are your files named and organized? Thanks !

Edgephoto

I will have to try and remember which ones I fix already or find a new example. Might be a day or two.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Edgephoto said:

I will have to try and remember which ones I fix already or find a new example. Might be a day or two.

That would be great, thanks !

Edgephoto

I remembered one mismatch.

This is the show:

image.png.3b5cc788f9dba175053109893b00993a.png

This is what it matched it as:

image.png.65e1baef585db4217c12ff0814f9dc57.png

Here is the file names:

image.png.f8bb3b6350ce0ff838a931c47b466ea8.png

Edited by Edgephoto

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

@Edgephoto Yep per their api

image.png.47b84c6fd65d069fb3211557750a100f.png

adding year

'image.png.94695189c384a0e31b068f212bc7c7e3.png

So it looks like both TVDB and TMDB can have defective results returned from their api's.  But usually adding year to folder naming scheme can resolve these issues.