change of language

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

I don't see an option to change the language on Android TV. Can someone help me if it is please

53 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

I don't see an option to change the language on Android TV. Can someone help me if it is please

Hi.  The app follows the language setting on the device, so change it in the Android menus.

CAPRICORNX10X

Okay ,
So to my understanding the Hebrew language is not fully translated on Android TV
And in addition, there is no support for right-to-left display on Android TV

Luke, will there be an update to this?

5 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

And in addition, there is no support for right-to-left display on Android TV

Actually, it does support RTL of the text items but doesn't reverse the entire layout.

5 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Luke, will there be an update to this?

The best thing for you to do would be to side-load the standard app.

CAPRICORNX10X
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Actually, it does support RTL of the text items but doesn't reverse the entire layout.

The best thing for you to do would be to side-load the standard app.

What do you mean? do what actually?
I downloaded emby through the android store

Just now, CAPRICORNX10X said:

What do you mean? do what actually?

You can download the APK from the page I linked and use a file manager to install it on the device.  You cannot install that version from the store yet.

CAPRICORNX10X

But I don't know if my device is x86 or arm7.
Since this is an Android tv streamer from a local TV streamer provider in Israel
Although I guess it would have to be arm.
Anyway, how do I also install it on the device? file manager?

36 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Another thing ,
Why is the Android TV unable to play a theme video?

The feature is just not implemented in that app.  With no public, legal source for this content, very few of our users use it at this time so it just hasn't been implemented there.

33 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Few users? Android tv on nvidia sheild is a few? 

Sorry, no, the video backdrop feature has very few (relatively speaking) users because there is no source for this content (the videos).

33 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

I think you should support it!  And also fully support right-to-left display...

The ultimate solution will be the app I pointed you to but it also has an issue currently with video backdrops that we just haven't had time to address yet (again and indication of how few users there are for that feature).

CAPRICORNX10X

I don't agree with you.  This feautre is excellent.  And I'm not sure that very few use it, I'm new to emby for only a few months and I'm using this feature.  I use the blu ray source if there is video thaem inside it.

• 1 year later...
On 27/07/2022 at 15:29, ebr said:

You can download the APK from the page I linked and use a file manager to install it on the device.  You cannot install that version from the store yet.

I have downloaded and installed the ARM7 Version on my FireTV Stick, I can also start it, it works with no problem, but it doesn't change a f.......antastic thing.
My FireTV stick is set fully to English menu and OS. I changed the Emby App settings all to English, but that doesn't matters. Even though there is an English audio track it plays the German track, which is the first one and when I am in the play menu of a movie or episode it states for example:
Audio: German EAC3 stereo (Default)

Where does the so called default comes from? Absolutely EVERYTHING on this FireTV Stick is set to Default English. The only things that differ are that I use the metric system and the timezone normally used in Germany.
Deleting in the settings menu, when selecting the default language.

I can't understand why the Emby App doesn't have an audio language selector. If you're not able to integrate it while the movie is playing, fine no problem, but it shouldn't be any problem to integrate it before I start playback. I have no problem to stop a video go back into settings select a different language and then resume. Other applications need to that too, but no selection at all? Sorry, but are we in age of the beginning of video playback?

The Emby Server is a really cool thing and when I use it why webpage it works like a charm, but the Emby App is in the actual state absolutely useless for me. That means I can't watch any movie via TV unless a PC is connected to this TV.

Normally I watch movies and series in English unless the original language is German. When I have a visitor and we wan't to watch something it can be that watching in German is a must as not everyone of my friend can watch with English audio.
As most synchros, especially the never ones are really more a shit show, I'd like the English original or synchro. Old ones were very good, they selected often actors, that match from the voice and the texts were much better translated. Today it seems cost effective is the only thing that counts.

For example Mystery Murder, I watched it in English and is was real fun. In the German translation it is no fun at all. It seems that everyone says fuck at least in every second sentence. So there is a need to switch the audio language and I just can't understand why that isn't possible, not even if everything is set to default English.

1 hour ago, Loeffel said:

Where does the so called default comes from?

Hi.  That comes from your media.  That track is marked as the default.  Bring up the settings in the app (cog button top right of home screen) and then select "Audio/Sub defaults".  What is your Preferred audio language set to and is the option to always play the default track selected?

As I wrote before all settings are set to English as Default. It follows these settings also on the web based Emby.

I have no idea what is wrong, I just know, that I testet in on another FireTV stick, immediately installing the Android version and there it works. Not only that on both FireTV sticks now is the same app, both FireTV sticks are from the same model and build generation with the same software version of the OS and so on.

So I thought because I installed first the normal version, but that can't be either as on another FireTV Stick I can even select a different language with Emby for FireTv. That doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps I will reset the first one and look if it changes something. At the moment I don't have the time to do so as configuring it as it was is a time consuming work. Even though Amazon asks for a configuration to copy that doesn't work at all.