Emby server using a lot of memory

FarNorthMedia

FarNorthMedia

Hi Luke,

How about this memory usage, I copied over lost of photos to the NAS emby folder and this happened and has stalled emby, I have even tried shut down emby in the package centre and it won't

image.png.16701842f5713f2f1fef41f9e88bd182.png

FarNorthMedia
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@FarNorthMedia please try removing the statistics plugin. Then restart the server and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

I already did that before sending the SOS, didn't make any difference

Just now, FarNorthMedia said:

I already did that before sending the SOS, didn't make any difference

Can you please provide a new log example from when the problem was experienced? Thanks !

OK based on the log it might be photo related. There's a similar report of that that we're currently looking into. Thanks.

FarNorthMedia

yep definitely photo related as it started when I dumped lots of photos into the emby photos folder 

• Thanks 1

FarNorthMedia

this chat thing is confusing but yes def a photo issue as it started when I dump photos into the emby folder

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this is resolved in the 4.8 beta channel, in 4.8.0.8+. We are working on getting the fixes backported into a new 4.7.X stable release. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
FarNorthMedia

Hi Luke,

This has happened again, same thing and I forgot about copying lots of photos over all at once....I can't remember how I fixed it

7 hours ago, FarNorthMedia said:

Hi Luke,

This has happened again, same thing and I forgot about copying lots of photos over all at once....I can't remember how I fixed it

OK, we weren't able to backport the fix to 4.7. If you need immediate relief I would either temporarily remove the photos from Emby or try the 4.8 beta channel. Just be aware that if you do that, you can't rollback to 4.7 on the same installation.