Google TV Stream Freezing Requires Client Restart

Kimballslice1890

Kimballslice1890

So I've been having some annoying ongoing issues with my Google TVs. All seems to be specific to Android TV (or at least Android TV is more sensitive) happens on both my Chromecast with Google TV Stick and I recently just got a Verizon stream TV soundbar with Google TV. They are connect via LAN and pointed to the server LAN address. Seems to be more common on MPEG2 video format when watching a recorded TV show. Or trying to seek through a live TV show that is actively recording. The stream will just go black and get the loading circle ring. I cannot switch channels or watch any other content. I must restart the entire device to be able to view content again...

When these symptoms are happening, the server shows that the client device is connected and streaming.

My fire sticks are far less temperamental with the issue but can experience it too.

Also there's the issue I've been experiencing for quite some time, trying to watch a TV show that is actively recording. If I try and seek forward or backwards, it will freeze the stream. I've attempted watching from the guide and attempted watching from the created recording...

Any guidance?