Remove certain media types in Music library

MSI2017

MSI2017

Hi all,

So I use Emby's music library only for one playlist I have, it's a compilation of a lot of stuff. As a result of this the music page is quite cluttered because it is showing the album's, genre's etc. I would love the option to disable some of those tabs so I can only have songs and playlist for example. Now I have 500+ albums with only 1 song in them because of only have 1 song of that album in my playlist, making it sortof irrelevant. 

What I would love even better is that when adding a certain folder to the library that I can let emby know that it is a playlist so that it won't create 500+ albums. When adding the folder the option might be "in which ?filters? do you want to show this content, to which I might choose songs and playlists. Keeping the album part free for actual albums.

162105071_Screenshot2022-07-26at00_39_32.thumb.png.da09c954534cd73da0ee42d6637b4491.png

Something else entirely, any update on the ability to lower subtilte brightness or increase subtitle transparency on LG app? When watching HDR those subs are super bright and my neighbour has subtitle burn-in already and he doens't even watch HDR which makes the subtitles even brighter.

Edited by MSI2017
Clarification

HI, there is currently no way to do this other than deleting the information from your audio files, but more options are certainly possible for future updates.

Something else entirely, any update on the ability to lower subtilte brightness or increase subtitle transparency on LG app? When watching HDR those subs are super bright and my neighbour has subtitle burn-in already and he doens't even watch HDR which makes the subtitles even brighter.

The next update to the app will have a gray subtitle color option.

MSI2017
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Really asking for this?

Whilst I do also like that idea, it's not exactly what I'm asking for. My initial paragraph of the post might have been confusing but I want to gave the option to not include certain library folders in certain top bar categories. I don't want to get rid of them since I might add full albums later but I want my playlist file with 500+ songs each from different albums to not generate 500+ albums cluttering everything up. 

• Thanks 1

Vicpa

Hi @MSI2017

Using existing functionality, a suggestion to get close to what you want is have emby treat them as one album. Not sure of your file structure, but I would use something like

-Music (root folder)

- Various Artists (or any pseudo artist name -)

-Playlist 1 (or any pseudo album name)

- Track 1

-track 2 etc

Change the tags in the tracks so that

1) Album Artist is set to the same thing. Various Artists or whatever. If you embed Musicbarinz tags set Artist Release Id blank.

2) Album Name is set to the same thing - Playlist 1

3) Leave the Artists tags alone.

You should end up with one album with 500 tracks.

the tracks would show the artist info, you could play or shuffle the "album" it would look similar to below.

various.thumb.jpg.5c6a305e3dc5d4d2faad1cc9069e3816.jpg

-Anyway an option to consider.

-vicpa