No Audio on Samsung TV with EAC3

ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

I have multiple users reporting no audio when playing some content on their Samsung TVs. I've noticed that this seems to only occur when the Samsung TV users are playing audio under the EAC3 codec. I have posted the the ffmpeg transcode log from one of the streams with no audio on the Samsung TV with the following model number (UN65RU7100FXZA).

ffmpeg-transcode-74d42665-51ab-46bc-8340-904a511ab976_1.txt

HI, this is resolved for the next update to the app. For immediate relief you can install it via USB. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
bigdogbcn
On 25/07/2022 at 10:11, Luke said:

HI, this is resolved for the next update to the app. For immediate relief you can install it via USB. Thanks.

hey i am having the exact same issue, where can i download the latest version of emby to put on a usb and install on my samsung tv.

Just now, bigdogbcn said:

how do i know what version to download?

Hi, did you click on the Samsung link and follow the instructions?

bigdogbcn
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you click on the Samsung link and follow the instructions?

yes great done,

am i right to assume that eventually samsung will serve a newer version of the software that will address this issue?

On 8/11/2022 at 9:47 PM, bigdogbcn said:

yes great done,

am i right to assume that eventually samsung will serve a newer version of the software that will address this issue?

@bigdogbcnyes we'll be submitting an update to Samsung soon.

• 1 month later...
Jonathan1683

Hello has the app been updated where people can download it from their appstore or do they still need to update it manually? Also is there a specific version to look for?

EDIT, I dont see a Q-Series TV on the download list?

Thank you,

Edited by Jonathan1683

• 6 months later...
solidsnakex37

Is this issue still on the current Emby download for Samsung TVs? 

I had a user with the same issue, audio was EAC3 and video was fine, audio was none existent.  @SamES

Jonathan1683

I don’t know, I ended up just getting all apple tvs, that’s the reason i don’t like android too many issues the players are slow bad UI etc 

solidsnakex37

Yeah it was odd. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to run a conversion in Emby on the file, then watch that one. Too much of a hassle

SamES
On 12/04/2023 at 10:15, solidsnakex37 said:

Is this issue still on the current Emby download for Samsung TVs? 

I had a user with the same issue, audio was EAC3 and video was fine, audio was none existent.  @SamES

Hi, can you please post the media info and any server/ffmpeg logs?  Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
ShadowKindjal
On 8/17/2022 at 11:51 AM, Luke said:

@bigdogbcnyes we'll be submitting an update to Samsung soon.

@Luke
It looks like the Samsung store update was never updated. The currently live version still suffers from audio issues when playing EAC3 content. Do we have a timeframe one when the store will be updated?

1 hour ago, ShadowKindjal said:

@Luke
It looks like the Samsung store update was never updated. The currently live version still suffers from audio issues when playing EAC3 content. Do we have a timeframe one when the store will be updated?

It was updated, except for a few models that they rejected for and we have to resubmit.

• 2 months later...
solidsnakex37
On 5/4/2023 at 8:39 PM, Luke said:

It was updated, except for a few models that they rejected for and we have to resubmit.

Did the resubmit go through? I have this same issue, direct play through Samsung TV, Model QN65Q7DRAFXZA does not have any sound with EAC 5.1 content. Just using TV speakers, no external sound system

On 7/15/2023 at 9:08 PM, solidsnakex37 said:

Did the resubmit go through? I have this same issue, direct play through Samsung TV, Model QN65Q7DRAFXZA does not have any sound with EAC 5.1 content. Just using TV speakers, no external sound system

What version number do you have now?

solidsnakex37
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version number do you have now?

I am on 1.2.6, for now if I use the convert feature on those items that have EAC3 5.1 Emby changes it to AAC 5.1

Am I on the latest or is there another version I can sideload onto the TV? 

19 hours ago, solidsnakex37 said:

I am on 1.2.6, for now if I use the convert feature on those items that have EAC3 5.1 Emby changes it to AAC 5.1

Am I on the latest or is there another version I can sideload onto the TV? 

You could try side loading our usb version and see if that helps.