Two movies not showing up - strange

Mendocinotim
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Mendocinotim

Per Emby version 4.7.5.0 server on mac..

Generally emby is good at identifying movies and tv shows.
However, I have two movies in my collection that are not being indexed for some reason, and I need assistance as to why.

The two movies are: Wild (2014) and The Way (2010).

To be sure they were not just mis-identified and were somehow missed by me when I originally added them, I deleted them both from my Movies directory, then forced a directory and metadata reindex following the deletion - just to be sure they were no longer in the DB. Then I dropped them back into the Movies folder and forced another reindexing by emby.

I then watched for the newly added movies to show up in my recently added movies list on Emby.
I refressed the page several times after the indexing was done.
They are not being seen for some reason.

Weird.
My PLEX server sees them fine - not Emby for whatever reason.

embyserver.txt

HI, just because you add new files does not mean they'll immediately show up in Latest Movies. How have you configured the Latest Movies options for your Emby user? How have you configured the date added behavior in advanced library options?

Have you located the movies in the main movie list and checked the date added value?

Mendocinotim
On 7/25/2022 at 10:47 AM, Luke said:

HI, just because you add new files does not mean they'll immediately show up in Latest Movies.

All the other movies have. @Happy2Play
"Immediate" is not what I expected - given that Emby must at first add any new movies to it's DB.
I did mention I forced emby to Scan Library Files. That takes time - which I allowed for.
Did you notice the log file I sent you?

How have you configured the Latest Movies options for your Emby user?

Where do I find that setting - I checked all my user settings; there's nothing specific regarding "Latest Movies".
Besides, I was alerted to this issue by one of my regular users. So that's two of us have noticed it.

How have you configured the date added behavior in advanced library options?

I looked in library options for something related to the Date Added - I could find nothing.
Where do I look please?

Have you located the movies in the main movie list and checked the date added value?

By "main movie list", are you referring to the Emby DB, or the folder where all the movies are stored?
Neither of the movies I mentioned are showing up using Emby search.
Both of the movies are in the movies folder.
I "touched" both of the movies - thus setting their Date Added values to the current date 'before I put them back into the Movies folder.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

@Mendocinotim Latest would be on you homescreen or sorting library by date added depending on what you import setting is (import date or file creation date)

But looks like the media is miss identified as "Wild Card" and "The Warrior's Way" but am not seeing the actual queries just metadata pull for those items.  Do you have nfo files with your media?

But in my tests "Wild" identified properly for me but "The Way" was miss identified as "The Warrior's Way" for me also as that is what the api returns first as "The Way" is actually third on the list.

The Way api call

Wild api call Not sure what happened for you on this one.

Mendocinotim

Just got your messages. Sorry for the delay.
I was able to correct both movies by finding them in Emby based on the incorrect titles you indicated; and then fixed'em in emby.

Problem solved. But still unsure why it happened.

Most likely they got mis-identified when originally entered in the DB - which must have happened when I began using Emby. Originally I was using my Plex server. Then, after getting frustrated with their so called improvements, I decided to go with Emby instead; where the movies were already in folders on the server. So it probably mis-identified these two when Emby server was told to initially index my movies folder.

I just didn't catch it till later.

Thanks for helping me out here. I really appreciate it.

BTW - how did you figure out which items needed to be fixed? I would love to know?!

Mendocinotim
On 8/8/2022 at 7:21 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Mendocinotim Latest would be on you homescreen or sorting library by date added depending on what you import setting is (import date or file creation date)

I am using file creation date - perhaps I should choose import date instead. That would make more sense I think.

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Mendocinotim said:

I am using file creation date - perhaps I should choose import date instead. That would make more sense I think.

Yes as that would like all newly imported items first instead of placing them according to file date.