EmbyWeb Collection Issue

orbitron
Go to solution Solved by orbitron,

orbitron

Hello! Using the latest stable version of Emby I added all my movies and chose the integrated Collection generating option. It saw all my movies and created all the collections without issue. However when I choose in the Movie Library option "Group items into Collection" Emby then hangs. There is nothing in the log, the log even stops getting written too. EmbyServer (Linux Docker) shows 100% CPU utilization but strace shows nothing.

The only way I can get emby to respond is to do a docker restart and refresh the page and disable the "Group items into Collection" then every thing begins to work again. I checked the database and nothing is being written there. I am using the Safari web browser but I tested this also with Firefox.

Hi.  Did you create any collections manually?

This sounds like it could be a circular reference of some sort.

orbitron

Nope. This was a complete fresh install. Not using the AutoBox plugin either. Just the default collection configuration item from the Library creation screen. 

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

• Solution
orbitron
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

I switched over to the official emby docker image vs the linuxserver one and it is working correctly.

Thank you!