iBoss
Go to solution Solved by iBoss,

iBoss

@pir8radio @pwhodges thanks for trying to help me

• I have converted Let’s Encrypt to work with emby directly without using Nginx
  • Cer add to emby setting
  • surf to my server and now working without any warning from the browser about the Certificate .. and the video payed as well.
  • ok now when I try with the emby app, the video still give me an error.

So it is not related with Nginx ... there is an issue with the app itself @Luke

this issue only I have with Galaxy Note 5

• The device is Galaxy Note 5
  • Android 7.0
  • emby 3.2.56
  • Server emby 4.7.5.0 (Ubuntu Linux 20.04.4)
  • log file is attached

please note that I have replace my domain name and IP to my_domain.com and my_ip on the log file

Many Thanks

from_emby.jpg.d21a80c683f5dd5a298c968107d06529.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by iBoss

iBoss

@Luke

Yes it is exactly the same .. and please note that I have only this issue with this device (Galaxy Note 5); other android devices everything work fine

I'm not sure what the issue is, sorry, but it looks like the video player doesn't like your server certificate:

Sun Jul 24 20:52:23 GMT+03:00 2022 Error sending request to https://subdomain.my_domain/emby/system/info/public?format=json: Handshake failed
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
com.android.org.conscrypt.OpenSSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:444)

iBoss

@Luke

Now it happen also without Nginx (some time work some time not work).. it seems emby Galaxy Note 5 dont accept the cer from Let’s Encrypt!!! but why only this device 

do you have any suggestion to another free ssl certificate that I can try it.

Thanks

It's a 2015 device? Maybe you're certificate is configured for newer TLS versions that the device doesn't support. Just a guess.

pir8radio
2 hours ago, iBoss said:

I have used trial Cert from https://www.gogetssl.com/; and yes now it works with/without Nginx. So the issue from Let’s Encrypt with GN5.

I hope any body can help to make Let’s Encrypt! work with old device

Many thanks @Luke

is the date and time correct on the note 5?   if its off from the emby server you will see ssl errors..    what version of android is the note 5 running?   Is the android device even able to reach the internet to verify the cert?

Edited by pir8radio

iBoss

@pir8radio

• Time and date are correct
  • android 7.0
  • I can surf to my website and emby server as well without any error 

as I said (only on this device) emby app secured  by Let’s Encrypt will not work with/without nginx

Thanks

pir8radio
7 hours ago, iBoss said:

@pir8radio

• Time and date are correct
  • android 7.0
  • I can surf to my website and emby server as well without any error 

as I said (only on this device) emby app secured  by Let’s Encrypt will not work with/without nginx

Thanks

yea just make sure your cert is compatible with android 7  https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewClient.html?name=Android&version=7.0          for example its not forcing TLS 1.3  looks like 7 doesn't support tls 1.3 also check that ciphers are not forced that android doesn't support. 

pir8radio
1 minute ago, iBoss said:

@pir8radio

thats the only other thing i can think of..   odd that its just video..   @Luke does android use some built in player that needs to be upgraded?   or has specific ssl requirements in android 7?

iBoss
2 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

thats the only other thing i can think of..   odd that its just video..   @Luke does android use some built in player that needs to be upgraded?   or has specific ssl requirements in android 7?

anyway if I use external player feature in emby android app it will work (I try it with mpv)

pir8radio
2 minutes ago, iBoss said:

anyway if I use external player feature in emby android app it will work (I try it with mpv)

so @Luke can probably comment if android 7 built in player can be updated, sounds like only the android 7 player has picky SSL requirements. 

• Solution
iBoss

@luke @pir8radio

Both Cert are TLS 1.3 ... but for some reason when I generate the cert using exactly this command: 

certbot certonly --standalone -d mydomain.com

It works with me :)

Many thanks for your help

Edited by iBoss
  • Thanks 1