View from right to left and the Hebrew language

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X
On 7/29/2022 at 12:17 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  As I mentioned in the other thread, you should use the standard Android app on your TV device and then you will have full RTL support.

Hey ,
So I installed andorid apk on shield....
So it is true that there is a right-to-left implementation in this version of the app.

But are you comparing Emby Android to Emby Android TV?

emby android tv is much better than android mobile.
Not going to use it.

I'm asking you and Luke again. Please implement the right-to-left language display on Android TV as well

27 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Hey ,
So I installed andorid apk on shield....
So it is true that there is a right-to-left implementation in this version of the app.

But are you comparing Emby Android to Emby Android TV?

emby android tv is much better than android mobile.
Not going to use it.

I'm asking you and Luke again. Please implement the right-to-left language display on Android TV as well

Why do you think it's much better?

CAPRICORNX10X
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Why do you think it's much better?

The other options there are.

android app too simple
Android TV is much richer

26 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

The other options there are.

android app too simple
Android TV is much richer

What options do you need?

49 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Ok . Im going to screenshot all

Please put your feedback/suggestions in this thread:

Thanks.

CAPRICORNX10X
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Please put your feedback/suggestions in this thread:

Thanks.

I don't want to put anything anywhere!

A basic thing of language display (of my language - Hebrew) in embedding in Android TV
That's what I'm asking for.

• 1 month later...
CAPRICORNX10X

Hi Luke@, ebr@
Please continue to support the right-to-left view, there are some changes left.
This is the list:
1. All the play symbols (▶️) should remain as in display language from left to right - this is a universal symbol and should not be reversed.
2. Almost all the "✔️" symbols, especially those marked in gray in the elections, should be reversed.
3. On the web only, all the letters of the alphabet on the side of the screen - should move from the left side to the right side of the screen.
4. All the "❓" That his logo in blue should be reversed and look like a question mark - it's a universal symbol.
5. The subtitle logo "CC" should also be reversed. On almost all pages (not all, on the movie playback screen you don't have to, for example)
6. On the movie playback screen - the time skip symbols "↩️↪️ should be reversed, the play symbol "▶️" should be reversed, the search symbol should be reversed, the "✔️" symbol should be reversed.
And the most important thing!!! Change the command of the forward and back buttons on the remote.
Right button = back in time
Left button = forward in time

To do it properly, please, please!! Do it properly in the Android app as well

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
CAPRICORNX10X

Hi Luke, ebr

First of all, thank you very much for what you did arrange and now it is displayed properly,
At the same time, there are still things that have not been settled.
sort it out please!

This is the list:
1. All the play symbols (▶️) should remain as in display language from left to right - this is a universal symbol and should not be reversed. - Not fixed! ❌

2. Almost all the "✔️" symbols, especially those marked in gray in the selections, should be fliped. - Not fixed! ❌

3. On the web only, all the letters of the alphabet on the side of the screen - should move from the left side to the right side of the screen. - Not fixed! ❌

4. All the "❓" That his logo in blue should be reversed and look like a question mark - it's a universal symbol. - fixed! ✅

5. The subtitle logo "CC" should also be reversed. On almost all pages (not all, on the movie playback screen you don't have to, for example) - Not fixed! ❌

6. On the movie playback screen - the time skip symbols "↩️↪️ should be reversed fixed! ✅, the play symbol "▶️" should be reversed Not fixed! ❌, the search symbol should be reversed Not fixed! ❌, the "✔️" symbol should be reversed.Not fixed! ❌

7.And the most important thing!!! Change the command of the forward and back buttons on the remote.
Right button = back in time - fixed! ✅
Left button = forward in time - fixed! ✅

To do it properly, please, please!! Do it properly in the Android app as well

555.png

3. On the web only, all the letters of the alphabet on the side of the screen - should move from the left side to the right side of the screen.

Hi, the icons I'll get to fixing but this change about the letters isn't happening. In RTL the whole interface flips direction.

• Thanks 1

CAPRICORNX10X
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

but this change about the letters isn't happening. In RTL the whole interface flips direction.

Not so clear to me.
In Android apk it exists as I request.
So why is this not possible on the web?

4 hours ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Not so clear to me.
In Android apk it exists as I request.
So why is this not possible on the web?

It's the same in both, but it varies based on whether you're in TV layout mode or not.

CAPRICORNX10X
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's the same in both, but it varies based on whether you're in TV layout mode or not.

so no.  I didn't change any layout mode.  I have exactly the same layout as on the web.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

so no.  I didn't change any layout mode.  I have exactly the same layout as on the web.

Did you check the setting under Display?  If you didn't change the layout when looking at the web then it probably isn't in TV mode.  Auto will default to either desktop or mobile/tablet depending on the device.

• 4 weeks later...
CAPRICORNX10X
On 11/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, Luke said:

Hi, the icons I'll get to fixing but this change about the letters isn't happening. In RTL the whole interface flips direction.

Okay....you promised

CAPRICORNX10X
On 11/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, Luke said:

Hi, the icons I'll get to fixing 

Should I give up on this request? luke...🙄

CAPRICORNX10X
Just now, Luke said:

We are continuing to work on improving it. Thanks.

Thank you very much, God bless you

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@CAPRICORNX10X - I'm a bit confused. This seems to be contradicting?

On 11/5/2022 at 9:15 AM, CAPRICORNX10X said:

1. All the play symbols (▶️) should remain as in display language from left to right - this is a universal symbol and should not be reversed

the play symbol "▶️" should be reversed Not fixed

For this, I'm curious:

5. The subtitle logo "CC" should also be reversed. On almost all pages (not all, on the movie playback screen you don't have to, for example)

Why not everywhere? What's the decision logic?

Maybe you can help me with some more questions I'm wondering about:

• Do I assume right, that you want the TV guide from right to left as well?
    (if you don't use it, then assuming you would want to use it)
  • When you buy a TV (like Samsung, LG, etc.) and put it into Hebrew mode, do they show the TV guide from right-to-left?
  • When you buy a DVD/Bluray player, do they show the timeline reversed?
  • Is the reversing of time lines for guide and playback specific to your region/culture or is it also commonly used in other RTL countries (like Arabian)?
    (I'm asking, because a while ago I had viewed a number of applications for Arabian language and these had all text reversed but not the time lines)

Thanks,
softworkz

CAPRICORNX10X
7 hours ago, Luke said:

At this point it's just a few icons that need to be flipped, right?

Yes, absolutely.  These are the only things left.  The icons I requested from the previous messages.

CAPRICORNX10X
4 hours ago, softworkz said:

@CAPRICORNX10X - I'm a bit confused. This seems to be contradicting?

For this, I'm curious:

Why not everywhere? What's the decision logic?

Because as I mentioned in the viewing screen playback of the content the icon looks as it should be.

Maybe you can help me with some more questions I'm wondering about:

• Do I assume right, that you want the TV guide from right to left as well?
    (if you don't use it, then assuming you would want to use it)
  • When you buy a TV (like Samsung, LG, etc.) and put it into Hebrew mode, do they show the TV guide from right-to-left?
  • When you buy a DVD/Bluray player, do they show the timeline reversed?
  • Is the reversing of time lines for guide and playback specific to your region/culture or is it also commonly used in other RTL countries (like Arabian)?
    (I'm asking, because a while ago I had viewed a number of applications for Arabian language and these had all text reversed but not the time lines)

Thanks,
softworkz

When I buy a TV from the official importer here in Israel, then yes the entire language display is from right to left.  There is nothing to choose.  That's the default.  Regarding the timeline in local applications that are built in advance for the Israeli market in the Hebrew language, then yes it is from right to left.  Of course, other global apps such as Netflix are not like that.  As for Bluray, I have no idea because I haven't tried it.

35 minutes ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

timeline in local applications that are built in advance for the Israeli market in the Hebrew language, then yes it is from right to left

Thanks for the insights. I had some doubts whether it's really usual to have time lines reversed, but from what you are saying, it seems that those applications that do not reverse time lines just haven't taken the effort. Do you have any knowledge whether this applies to other RTL languages in the same way?

BTW - your clocks and watches are rotating "normally" though? 😉 

CAPRICORNX10X
5 hours ago, softworkz said:

Thanks for the insights. I had some doubts whether it's really usual to have time lines reversed, but from what you are saying, it seems that those applications that do not reverse time lines just haven't taken the effort. Do you have any knowledge whether this applies to other RTL languages in the same way?

BTW - your clocks and watches are rotating "normally" though? 😉 

First of all as far as I know there are 2 languages that are right to left. Arabic and Hebrew.  

And again local apps with local streaming services have timeline from right to left.

But. Definitely agree that global streaming services such as Netflix even though the display text is from right to left.  The timeline remains from left to right.

If that's a problem.  I don't mind asking Luke to restore the timeline to be left to right.