So...did I just buy this plugin for nothing??

ZeeNetTV

ZeeNetTV

The "Movies and TV Theme Songs/Videos" package...bought it, installed it, restarted browser. Nothing happened. Come to find out, it did not download a single movie or tv theme or video. I assumed it did it automatically once installed, because it makes no mention of having to do it all manually, even though you can if wanted or needed (From the plugin page: "Once installed and the theme intro songs downloaded, they will be played whilst browsing your collections"). However, for me, this is NEVER going to happen, as I currently have 277 individual TV series and 4500 movies! The thought of how tedious it would be to go one by one with such a large library is overwhelmingly cringy! What happened here? Here's a screen shot of one of the plugin pages...only included one screen shot (from the TV Theme Song plugin page), as all four theme/video plugin pages look identical to the one you see here...as you can see, nothing downloaded.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 7.52.15 PM.png

Edited by ZeeNetTV

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, ZeeNetTV said:

The "Movies and TV Theme Songs/Videos" package...bought it, installed it, restarted browser. Nothing happened

And nothing will happen until you run scheduled task manually or wait until it runs on schedule. 

• Like 1

chef

Right, you'll want to run the scheduled task after you have installed that plugin.

It will begin to import the themes for your collections.

It will run on a schedule.

I know, I wasn't exactly sure when I first used it either, but it is very useful.

The configuration is for when you want to give back to the repo. If you have themes to upload and share. 

👍

• Like 1

ZeeNetTV
44 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

And nothing will happen until you run scheduled task manually or wait until it runs on schedule. 

Okay, I see it...thanks! Trying it out now...

• Like 1

Spaceboy

i sense this is one of the things we are never going to see on ATV. they're just bug fixing now until they retire it :(

ZeeNetTV

One more inquiry on this subject...it looks like the TV themes/videos are running well, but the movies are not...does every single movie need to be grouped into a single folder? For example (screenshot below displays my folder setup), my movie library root folder is the "Movies" folder all the way to the left. They are grouped alphabetically, and within those folders, if there are more than one movie to the series, they get their own folder. If it's a stand alone, then it just goes with the rest of the stand-alones. Do I have to give each and every movie it's own folder in order for the Movie Themes/Videos package to work properly?

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 5.55.10 PM.png

Edited by ZeeNetTV

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, ZeeNetTV said:

Do I have to give each and every movie it's own folder in order for the Movie Themes/Videos package to work properly?

Yes, as you're getting theme.mp3 and theme.mp4; in multi-movie folder, how would you know which movie it belongs to? 

chef
3 hours ago, ZeeNetTV said:

One more inquiry on this subject...it looks like the TV themes/videos are running well, but the movies are not...does every single movie need to be grouped into a single folder? For example (screenshot below displays my folder setup), my movie library root folder is the "Movies" folder all the way to the left. They are grouped alphabetically, and within those folders, if there are more than one movie to the series, they get their own folder. If it's a stand alone, then it just goes with the rest of the stand-alones. Do I have to give each and every movie it's own folder in order for the Movie Themes/Videos package to work properly?

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 5.55.10 PM.png

Perhaps it would be a good idea to place movies, and their affiliated files inside a folder named after the movie.

I think you will find it will make the experience of finding all the nesessary files a bit easier as well.