Live TV scheduled recordings cut off early.

Byrneb

Byrneb

Hello-

I am running Emby V4.7.5.0 on a Synology DS 218+ with an IPTV service with XTeve in Docker.  Using guide data, scheduled recordings longer than 60 min consistently fail at random duration (83 mins of a 180 min schedule for example.)   Even manually scheduled recordings (with set start and stop time, no guide data) fail similarly. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Byrneb

Yes, indeed.  It failed in the same way on two recordings last night.  Hopefully, we will hear something about this from the moderators.

Byrneb

@Luke@chrysler300

Hello-

Made a complete snapshot of a typical experience for me today.

Approx 11:25A (7-27) set three individual recordings using guide data in Emby server running on my Synology DS 218+ NAS:

11:30A start of 30 min program   /  12:00P start of 3 hour program  /  3:00P start of 1 hour program.

First recording perfect.  Second recording quit at 121 min duration.  About 20 mins later I discovered failure and restarted second recording.  Second recording completed the three hour guide schedule... all good.  60 min scheduled third recording started and completed perfectly.

During entire 4.5 hour period there was zero other activity on the NAS.  No other Emby playback, no other apps running, etc.

Log attached.

Hope this can help give some idea of what is happening.

Thank you.

embyserver.txt

• Like 2

chrysler300

Test:

I can record on my :

Mobile phone !
Fire Tv Stick !
PC and one laptop  !
Nvidia Shield !
Mi Box !
Two old android boxes !

Not on Emby!..Strange!

Edited by chrysler300

Byrneb

@Luke@cayars@FrostByte@chrysler300

Made a possible useful discovery last night:

When playing back the 180 min scheduled recording that drops out at 121 minutes,  during the last 60 seconds before the recording stopped, approx 10 seconds of video played repeatedly in sort of a loop,  three or four times.  Something was going on at that point where the recording kicked out.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Byrneb said:

@Luke@cayars@FrostByte@chrysler300

Made a possible useful discovery last night:

When playing back the 180 min scheduled recording that drops out at 121 minutes,  during the last 60 seconds before the recording stopped, approx 10 seconds of video played repeatedly in sort of a loop,  three or four times.  Something was going on at that point where the recording kicked out.

Sounds like Emby was trying to handle a bad source and did the best it could.  What's the source of that channel?  OTA, cable, m3u?