Adding Lyrics with Lyrics Finder

JuJuJurassic

JuJuJurassic

Hi All,

I love the enhancements to Emby, Skip intro is excellent. I've been trying to add the lyrics to my music collection.

My server has the following hardware Intel Core i9-11900K (3.5 GHz / 5.3 GHz), 32 GB Ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC with patch applied, 1TB NVME local storage. All the media is stored on SMB shares.

I'm not sure anyone can help, but when I run lyricsfinder, select the music folder, it imports the tracks, but it hangs at 96,749 tracks. I've tried it on a single artist, and it works fine, but I need it to select the top folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've looked on line, but can't find it. I suspect it's a limit in the program, rather than the hardware. I apprechiate it's not emby, but I can't be the only one with this issue, or am I just the first?

Thank you for your help :-)

Spaceboy
3 hours ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Hi All,

I love the enhancements to Emby, Skip intro is excellent. I've been trying to add the lyrics to my music collection.

My server has the following hardware Intel Core i9-11900K (3.5 GHz / 5.3 GHz), 32 GB Ram, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC with patch applied, 1TB NVME local storage. All the media is stored on SMB shares.

I'm not sure anyone can help, but when I run lyricsfinder, select the music folder, it imports the tracks, but it hangs at 96,749 tracks. I've tried it on a single artist, and it works fine, but I need it to select the top folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've looked on line, but can't find it. I suspect it's a limit in the program, rather than the hardware. I apprechiate it's not emby, but I can't be the only one with this issue, or am I just the first?

Thank you for your help 🙂

try this thread.

for synced lyrics the best solution seems to be using foobar2000 plus one of the plugins (OpenLyrics worked well for me)

for nonsynced lyrics then the Media Human Lyrics Finder tool seemed to work well for most people. but is that what you are referring to as hanging? and at what point? i'd possibly suggest its hanging on a bad file rather than the file count as here you can see my scan is at 202k and still counting

image.png.690c98c628d4176ec773a926b628b9e0.png

• Like 1

JuJuJurassic

Thank you spaceboy, very much apprechiated, I'll have a look at your solutions 🙂

Have a great weekend

• 1 month later...
JuJuJurassic

I found the solution.

Unfortunatley the hard drive used to store the music was failing. It was as simple as it could't read some of the disk, which of course meant it couldn't read the music details.

Simple, discovered when a disk test failed. now replaced and works fine, but it still pauses for a few hours, leave it ovenight and it's fine.

Happy I have good backups though 🙂

I hope this helps someone

• Thanks 1