About too slow to process - ES4750

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
In the last week I noticed that the EmbyServer is too slow to process many things...
- it's too slow to display library posters
- it's too slow to process a simple edit of any data, like the title of the movie, the circle rotates for 80 times, about 15/20 minutes to complete and if I force the interruption by refreshing the browser page, the splash image is displayed for about 20 minutes until the homepage is displayed.
- it's too slow to track the libraries, maybe more than 5 hours, I didn't time it.
This caused some customers to report problems and I had to reset the pc but the problem persists, which makes the user experience very bad.
I leave the logs to try to help with the solution.
Thanks in advance.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-915cb9ef-52cc-41f7-85f1-1205780b25db_1.txt hardware_detection-63794083863.txt

Edited by CarlosLima

Hi, try removing the cover art and theme song plugins. Then restart the server and see how that compares.

CarlosLima

Hi, thanks for your message.
I'm not a fan of plugins but I use some and I can remove any of them that could cause performance problems.
I deleted the music themes and video themes plugins and I may not reinstall again, no problem, I'll even leave it at that, without both.
About the cover art to delete, I didn't understand if you referred to a specific cover art of a video or if you meant for me to delete the CoverArt plugin (I can also delete this one if I understand that it can cause these problems)
I look forward to removing and restarting the Emby server.
Thanks

CarlosLima

Oh sure, got it, thanks. I removed the CoverArt plugin too and I'm resetting the Emby server.
I take the opportunity to show the plugins I currently use and would like your approval for them or if I should remove any that may cause problems and are not promotional for EmbyServer.
Thanks again.

Screenshot2.png

CarlosLima
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, try removing the cover art and theme song plugins. Then restart the server and see how that compares.

After uninstalling the three plugins, I restarted the server and the same problem. I just changed the title of a tv series and the circle spun 90 times before I refreshed the chrome browser page and the splash image stayed there for a long time without displaying the emby homepage.

You could try doing a database vacuum and increasing the database cache size.

CarlosLima

Okay, that sounds like Greek to me.
Is it possible to get a tutorial on how I can do this? Thanks

CarlosLima

Well, I read the database screens and honestly I didn't understand how far I should go.
I changed it from 96 to 192 and also ticked the last box and did a new shut down on the emby server, however nothing changed. Editing a movie title makes the circle spin endlessly.
Can this number 192 be kept or should there be an ideal number for my case? Thanks

Screenshot.png

visproduction

Why are there Reponse codes 200, 204, 302 to multiple hosts, host 1, host 2, host 3, host 4, host 5 with CDN-Loop=cloudflare.  Are these time out errors.  There are hundreds of them in embyserver.txt.

Is this cloudflare timing out or not allowing http requests?

If these errors run continously doesn't that slow down the server?

Also many .png coverart are not found. it looks like over 50 files.  There are errors deleting these files if they are not there.  Why the dbase think files are somewhere where they are not?  Are these files that were just deleted by a file management app and not properly within Emby?

It seems like the dbase needs to be cleaned up and perhas some settings fixed so there are not multiple hosts that keep getting file errors.

Would a library scan work?  I have no idea what to do to fix, but I will watch here to see if there are some answers.

Edited by visproduction
  • Thanks 1