Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD - Emby only using one tuner?

mvbwbv

mvbwbv

Hi,

I have read other topics with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD - Emby only using one tuner? but not seeing a solution.

Newly installed and moved over from WMC and impressed all is working, except unable to record and watch a second channel.

My setup is a Win7 64bit, with Emby Premier using Version 4.7.5.0. I have added two tuners under LiveTV, ie it is showing "WinTV DualHD" twice. Under "Network" I see the "Max simultaneous video streams:" is set to unlimited, tried set to 2 then 3 but has gone back to unlimited. 

So you can watch liveTv, but if you record one channel then try to watch another you get:

"No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Stopping recording allows you to watch any channel. 

Occasionally when switching channels, or if you pause or back up a few seconds, then try to switch channel you see the same error, so have to restart the emby server to fix. 

I have stopped Wintv10 running in the taskbar and the WMC appears to be stopped.

Can you advise is there a way to see how many tuners are working/ready for use?

Happy to send logs or screen shots and appreciate your assistance is sorting this second tuner.

Regards

Spaceboy

not sure if this was ever solved as you say but you can always use any of the other supported backend tv tuner software. either on an m3u or plugin basis

• 2 weeks later...
mvbwbv

Thank you for your comments but not sure how I would go about using other tuner software.

Are there any support personnel who can assist with this issue? 

Spaceboy
3 minutes ago, mvbwbv said:

Thank you for your comments but not sure how I would go about using other tuner software.

Are there any support personnel who can assist with this issue? 

1. install next pvr
  2. setup your tuner cards according to guidance on the next pvr website
  3. export all wanted channels to m3u
  4. use resultant m3u in emby as tv source in emby
  5. match channels to epg
  6. watch tv

mvbwbv

Thank  you for your comments both. 

I installed the NextPVR and showing installed, but the rest of the steps suggested were not required  Emby is now behaving, can record and play an alternate channel and is not showing the   No compatible streams.. as yet.

Opening programs seems a little quicker, although as previous there are a few stutters in the first 10 or so seconds on opening a new channel.

I will update if it changes but thank you.

• 2 months later...

After using  for a month emby still gives random when changing channels

"No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

It will allow you to view the previous channel but not any new one, you have to restart the emby server.

Please can someone advise if there  is a way to see  what the stream may be held up by and if there is a fix?

Regards

dlee48162

I am having a similar problem with a Wintv-QuadHD card from Hauppauge.  Emby seems to be randomly holding one or more of my tuners, making them inaccessible for recording or live TV viewing.  It seems to happen with Roku and Apple TV clients.  When I exit from live TV viewing, the server intermittently keeps the tuner active, and it is no longer accessible.

I am using a batch file I got from Hauppauge support that allows me to monitor all four tuners on my QuadHD card.  They probably have one for the DualHD as well.

A screenshot of the signal monitor is attached.  Nothing is recording or playing but one tuner is still active.  Restarting Emby is the only way so far that I can get it to release.

Screenshot 2022-10-21 074650.png