Automatic restart of emby service after update of plugin etc?

hemandk

hemandk

Hi,

Is there any way to get Emby to restart after plugin upgrade when running as a service?

Whenever Emby updates a plugin or anything else it writes that it needs a restart to finish updates.

Problem is that it does not play files very well (lagging etc.), but then I shutdown the server and then I start the service again and everything is fine.

Maybe it is a problem with my installation, but it is rather annoying.

Is there any way to get Emby to restart after plugin upgrade when running as a service?

Hi, not currently, no. 

Problem is that it does not play files very well (lagging etc.), but then I shutdown the server and then I start the service again and everything is fine.

Can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
rbjtech

I use Emby as a service and just use the Emby Shutdown (the only option) to restart the service automatically.

You'll need to set the 'Recovery' type in the Service itself to 'Restart the Service'.

If you really do want to shutdown the service - then you'll need to do it via the service manager - you can no longer do it via Emby.

image.png.2863ea6aa7ca84356c69e4651675649a.png

hemandk

Cool thanks.

I ended up using telegram and using it to push a message when emby writes it needs to restart.

Then I use Home Assistant to check for the message and run a shell script, that stops and starts the emby service. It works, but a bit cumbersome tbh.

• Like 1

rbjtech
33 minutes ago, hemandk said:

Cool thanks.

I ended up using telegram and using it to push a message when emby writes it needs to restart.

Then I use Home Assistant to check for the message and run a shell script, that stops and starts the emby service. It works, but a bit cumbersome tbh.

Nothing cumbersome about that - I do something similar with Pushover. :)