web app scrolling is broken and unusable

mchahn

mchahn

It's hard to describe what's going on.  When I bring up a tv series the page appears scrolled to bottom and when I try to scroll up it keeps popping back to bottom.  When I try to view an episode it plays ok for a short time and ends.  During the playing the time indicator shows a very fast increase and when the indicator time gets to the length of the show it stops, even though it has only played a short amount of time..  If I click on the bar the indicator jumps back to where it was before the click.  When I try to scroll a row of episodes, like next up, it will scroll sideways one screen and then hop back to the beginning.  After doing this a few times it starts to hop back and forth one screen continuously.  Needless to say ithe app is unusable.

Browser chrome is Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit).  I tried with the extensions all disabled and it didn't help.

Emby server is version 4.7.1.0 running on ubuntu linux.

Windows 11 with all updates

Hi, that's strange. Seems to be working just fine from here. I would suggest updating to Emby Server 4.7.5 and see if that helps.

mchahn

Unfortunately it is still broken in 4.7.5.  I looked at the javascript console in chrome while it misbehaved and it was blank.

I'm a programmer.  Is there a debug version I can run?  Any way to enable debug messages in the console?

mchahn

I can't get in right now.  The login says it can't connect to my server.  I'll try again later.

OK the only thing I can think of is that in display settings you might have enabled TV mode. If you did, that's really meant for 10 ft usage with a remote control. You can use a mouse for basic point and click, but that's not the primary input method that it was designed for. 

mchahn

It is set to auto.  I couldn't check out the options because the drop-down problem is back.

EDIT:  This isn't a deal-killer for me since I mostly use Roku.  I just go into the web app to do maintenance.

Edited by mchahn
update