Subtitles (translation only)

ross87

ross87

Hi,

I was wondering how I'd go about activating subtitles when foreign conversations are occurring?

For example, I've watched Anchorman before on Bluray and when Baxter through dog is barking at the bears, it puts a translation on the screen, however I don't get this on Emby. Is there a way to activate it? 

TIA.

HI, do you have subtitles for your video? Try clicking the CC icon in the video player.

ross87
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, do you have subtitles for your video? Try clicking the CC icon in the video player.

Thanks for the response. 

Yes I have subtitles for it, but as soon as I activate them using any of the settings (default, smart, forced etc), it just plays subtitles for the entire movie and not just the specific parts.

Right well you need to have subtitles that are meant for the foreign parts only. Usually these are called forced subtitles.

ross87
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right well you need to have subtitles that are meant for the foreign parts only. Usually these are called forced subtitles.

Ah right, is there any recommended way of obtaining the subtitles? I've been having a look at Bazarr, as I already use Sonarr and Radarr.