Emby Server over IPv6

Guest hirny199
Go to solution Solved by Guest hirny199,

Guest hirny199

I checked my DNS Settings but the DNS Server is the Default DNS of my ISP so i dont think this Setting were edited by someone.

Changing the IPv6 DNS to googles DNS 2001:4860:4860::64 gives the same result.

Q-Droid

In normal setups all devices on your LAN should be able to resolve dns names and get the same valid result. If they don't then things can get weird until they do. 

If you can change the dns on your fritzbox then maybe you should to see if it fixes the lookups. But only do so if it won't break other services you might have with your ISP. 

Q-Droid

Is the result no address/nxdomain? 

Pick a system, reboot after the dns change and try to get it to work. There's no other way. You want to eliminate the possibility of name/error caching so restart the router as well. If lookups done externally work then internal should too. 

• Solution
Guest hirny199

Hello again,

i tried the tips above but the nslookup inside my LAN showed me the fe80::..... Address again. 

So i setting up a new Emby Instance with Windows and it worked instantly with the Tips from this Thread here.

I think my Linux Server Instance was not so well configured.

With the Windows Instance the Pings work, also the nslookup and the Domain Resolve works fine.

I dont know what i did wrong with my Linux Emby Server but im also fine with using Windows for Emby.

A Problem that occured in my Linux Server was that the apt update command couldnt connect to the Update Server so i think the IPv6 connection had Problems to comunicate outside my Network.

Daniel