Change Metadata Selections

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

Misinthe

Good afternoon everyone, 

I'm having an issue where Paw Patrol has different episode order within TheTVDB, Wikipedia, and IMDB. Wiki and IMDB seem to have the same order, but TheTVDB has a different order, and that's where Emby is getting the metadata from. Is there a way to change it or anyone know why this would happen? I don't know if I should change the order of my episode to match TheTVDB or if I should try to change the metadata to another provider.

Thank you.

• Solution
pwhodges

TVDB has three different orders for Paw Patrol (Aired, DVD, and Absolute).  You can tell Emby which to use if your file names match one of those.

EDIT:  I see that each episode had two parts, which TVDB (and TMDB) is numbering separately.  You can combine them in Emby by including both number in the file name, so what Wikipedia calls 1a + 1b would be S01E01-E02 for TVDB, and Emby would get both descriptions.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

Misinthe
11 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

TVDB has three different orders for Paw Patrol (Aired, DVD, and Absolute).  You can tell Emby which to use if your file names match one of those.

EDIT:  I see that each episode had two parts, which TVDB (and TMDB) is numbering separately.  You can combine them in Emby by including both number in the file name, so what Wikipedia calls 1a + 1b would be S01E01-E02 for TVDB, and Emby would get both descriptions.

Paul

Yes sir, I have the files combined already, I see it's using the Aired Date and my files are in the International Order. I can't seem to find where to change this. Can you please direct me?

Thank you.

rodainas

Right click on the series, Edit Metadata, Display Order: you can change between aired, dvd or absolute.

Misinthe
13 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Right click on the series, Edit Metadata, Display Order: you can change between aired, dvd or absolute.

There's no International option, I guess I'll have to rename all the episodes to the Aired order. Thank you for the information anyways!

rodainas
14 minutes ago, Misinthe said:

There's no International option

Thats right, tvdb has a bunch of different orders for many tv shows, but those arent currently supported.