Streamer for a perfect viewing experience

CAPRICORNX10X

CAPRICORNX10X

Given that there is no budget limit.  

Which streamer will meet the requirements of a perfect viewing experience that supports all existing formats,

DOLBY VISION, HDR 10, HDR 10+, DOLBY ATMOS, DTS-HD, DTS X, DOLBY TRUE HD and all other relevant formats.

I saw some:

1. nvidia shield tv pro

2. Roku ultra 

3. Zidoo UHD3000 

4. Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K

Who should you choose?  Is there anything better?

CAPRICORNX10X
5 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Shield TV Pro, way best device to buy.

Better than zidoo and dune?

Heuer

Shield is the only one that has has had regular updates since its launch in 2015. They just released a f/w upgrade to Android 11/Shield Experience 9 for all 2015/2017/2019 models and Nvidia will continue to support it. Huge number of users world wide and a very active Forum none of which the other vendors can claim!

kikinjo
1 hour ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Better than zidoo and dune?

Shiled has 256 graphical cores, any further discussion on hw capabilities stops there :)

BillOatman

I have tried Shield, Roku, and multiple other "budget" players such as Tivo and Chromecast.

I tried the budget players in the bedroom thinking "don't need much there as it isn't used very much".  But after using the Shield pro on the main TV the budget players were so annoying I ended up getting a shield tube for the bedroom.

I haven't tried, or to be honest ever heard of, Zidoo or Dune, but I can tell you if you go shield pro you will not be disappointed.

• Agree 1

roaku
7 hours ago, CAPRICORNX10X said:

Given that there is no budget limit.  

Which streamer will meet the requirements of a perfect viewing experience that supports all existing formats,

DOLBY VISION, HDR 10, HDR 10+, DOLBY ATMOS, DTS-HD, DTS X, DOLBY TRUE HD and all other relevant formats.

I saw some:

1. nvidia shield tv pro

2. Roku ultra 

3. Zidoo UHD3000 

4. Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K

Who should you choose?  Is there anything better?

No Roku stick/box supports DTS-HD or TrueHD. I'm not sure if any Roku TVs do.

caffeineshock

shield tv pro 2019

i had windows, android-tv-box, build-in android tv, chromecast, chromecast with build-in android tv. nothing comes close to the features and stability of a shield pro.

i didnt regred one single € i paid for that (and recomended it to several friends). 

ofc this device is so powerfull you could do much more with it. thats why it never gets overwhelmed. its the only device that was able to playback hdr uhd 60fps movie without any issues.

Edited by caffeineshock
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Aaronh146

I've had a Shield Pro 2019 (latest model) since 2020 and have been running Emby since a few years before then. 
About a month ago I got a Zidoo UHD3000 looking for a player that would improve on picture and have more audio compatability. 
Parking the audio discussion, the Zidoo is an improvement in picture quality though it's not plug and play like a Shield and certainly isn't as refined. The Shield is also a brilliant streamer for Netflix etc where the zidoo is just for disc rips in iso, BR folder structure or MKV. The shield won't play iso or BR folder structure though it won't have an issue with pretty well any MKV file that you throw at it. 

And just today I've found out that I can install Emby on the Zidoo and use the Zidoo's movie player which I've only just installed. 😁
Again, Emby menus etc look better on the Shield though video playback and audio I find with my system is better with a Zidoo. 

Plug and Play and to include streaming services, I don't think anything will beat a Shield. 

• Like 1