Emby shuts off when I'm not home?

Hawkwinter
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hawkwinter

Maybe this is a bug, maybe it's a setting that's causing me problems. I don't know. Hopefully someone can lend me a hand.

So - often when I am going to be gone for several hours, I turn the Android TV on for my dog. He stays more calm if I leave the TV running. I've got several playlists that should each take several days to complete, full of reruns, or movies, or what have you.

But sometimes, (like today) I come home, and everything is just *off*. I have no idea when it suddenly shut off, or how long he was sitting here agitated and the like - but it does explain why when I checked in on the pet camera while I was in the maternity ward with my son a few hours ago, it looked like he had gone to sulk by the door or something rather than relaxing on the bed like he usually does when the TV is on while I'm out.

He may have also howled bothering the neighbors, that's been a thing that happens when I dont run the TV when I'm gone for a while in the past. Hopefully not this time - but in other houses I've had neighbors complain about him howling when I leave him alone without the TV on.

I tried to access the android logs per the instructions, but I hit an access denied when I went into Android/data. So I don't have any logs at the moment. If it's a bug and you need the logs to help figure out why it's happening... I dunno. I guess I'll have to get an old laptop hooked up to the TV and set up a network share and use VLC or something for the rest of the week and try to fix it before the next time I need the TV to work when I'm not home I guess.

But I would prefer to not have the dog panicking in the house while I'm at the hospital. So if there's a way for me to fix whatever is going on and make it stop happening on my end and you know the cause (like if it's some sort of Netflix style awful-shutdown-timer - but one I can disable) - please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks

Edited by Hawkwinter

• Solution

Hi, sounds like you have the "Are you still watching" option enabled in the app. I would check on that.

Hawkwinter

I don't recall that being in the options when I first installed the Emby TV app. But it was certainly there now. Thank you. I have turned it off. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Hawkwinter

I came home to him still calmly watching TV on the bed. Worked like a charm. Thanks a ton Luke! Here he is on the nightvision cam watching stargate reruns.
image.png.9b8ceff7e6f3b753a630913c76fab768.png

• Thanks 1