Enable episode intro detection for strm files

jxon

I have noticed that the episode intro detection is not working on strm files. The log file has error messages like  following:

File:E:\VOD\test\testing - S01E12.strm: Invalid data found when processing input

I was wondering if it is possible to implement episode intro detection  for the strm files in the future release.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe

I‘d also love to see that. 
People using these file types should be aware of the „risks“ if enabling a feature like that.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, horstepipe said:

People using these file types should be aware of the „risks“ if enabling a feature like that.

Yes as it requires the item to be probed for metadata and this information as it does not exist until first playback.  So in the case of strm file you would greatly extent scan times as every strm would require getting inform from whereever the file points to. 

The main reason probing was removed from strm until playback.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Now with strm extract plugin you can get all information about the strm file and will save info in nfo file in the same folder.

Can we see any update for the built in detect episode intro plugin to be able to detect intro from strm files ?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...