Page background stocked after video play failure

tomerq

tomerq

Hello, @ebr @speechles

I want to report a new issue with the recent released version 4.7.4.0 & 4.7.5.0

This issue could be related with issue reported in this thread but i thought to open a new report as it is a different issue.

Bug description

1. I run a Emby for Roku on Roku TV
  2. The running server is 4.7.5.0
  3. From my lybary i choose a video to play and play
  4. The video will fail to play and this is becase of this settings that affect Roku servers, setting that need to change to old settings https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/109562-video-not-start-in-roku-tv-installed-with-emby-app/
  5. After play return the red warrning error (see link above) the backgroud of the new film will stuck forever
  6. For example if i play Batman Movie and it failed and then go play Superman, in the Superman page i can still have Batman banner, poster etc.
  7. The only way to remove the 'Batman' backgroud is to shutdown the app and reopen

Please fix the issue with Emby for Roku, for all Roku Users..

I'm start loosing hope this will fix and Emby team gave-up on Roku users

Also, see screnshot below of example a video background goes over another one following the steps above.

20220718_213634.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
tomerq

I updated the server to version 4.7.6.0 and restarted the server, also updated the Roku app, i try to test with same videos discussed before and i expirence the same issues.

Tested on Emby and the beta versions.

Maybe i missed one or more steps

• 2 weeks later...

Are we giving up on this? it affect all Roku devices...

Is it possible to revert to older versions? or need to re-install and confgure all again after installing older version?

How to prevent the system from auto-update, i was not able to find this option

I can no longer reproduce this so I'm not sure how it is still happening to you.  This only happens after a playback error, correct? 

Prior to this latest release, following the steps you provided, I was able to reproduce what you were seeing but, with the latest release, I no longer can.

Yes, it happening after playback, i can reproduce my actions and export new logs, on my end i see the same error message.

3 minutes ago, tomerq said:

Yes, it happening after playback, i can reproduce my actions and export new logs, on my end i see the same error message.

Can you please provide those new log files? Thanks !

21 minutes ago, tomerq said:

Yes, it happening after playback

After successful playback?  Your issue description before was only after an unsuccessful attempt at playback.

22 minutes ago, tomerq said:

on my end i see the same error message

Exactly what error message is that?  Are we not talking about the background staying in place after the playback failure?

Maybe slight confusion as i have two tickets (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/109562-video-not-start-in-roku-tv-installed-with-emby-app/page/2/)

So this ticket problem is about backgroud stucked on the last failure playback.

All my playback not wroking for 5-6 months now, i stopped used Emby and installed Plex for now however, i kept the instance running for hope it will fix in the future.

Now, when i click play (it is always fail) the backgroup will remain stocked even after update to version 4.7.6.0, i also found that i don't need to play to 'stuck' it, all i need to do is to open a movie page, and go back to previous page, resulting the backgroud from the previous movie will remain.

however, with the newer version, it freeze only on the menu pages but if i open another video it will refresh and update with the new movie i open but will remain freeze again if i go back to home page or other menu pages.

16 hours ago, tomerq said:

even after update to version 4.7.6.0

Hi.  The server version should not have an impact on this issue.

16 hours ago, tomerq said:

however, with the newer version, it freeze only on the menu pages but if i open another video it will refresh and update with the new movie i open but will remain freeze again if i go back to home page or other menu pages.

Sorry, I'm not following that.  Can you provide exact steps and screenshots again?

Thanks.