How to find/fix DB issues and confusion

SwanStream

SwanStream

Over here: 

I started to working a problem with EmbyforKodi that appears to be an emby db issue instead. More than one show, more than one episode but rather than explain it all here, can I ask the next few posts over there be looked at for a bunch of screen shots that outline a problem with 'ghost' episodes, that don't show up with info, don't show in Gui for normal access/playing (on emby) but show up if using showid. 

I have done many library rescans and shy of going in and deleting each episode manually in emby/file system I'm not sure what to do next.... Ideas Anyone?

Edited by SwanStream

SwanStream

An example of this: one episode file Handcrafted America - S01E10.mkv is listed correctly, wtih with season/episode info and media info per below. There is also a 'shadow' db entry with the same file, no season, no episode and no media info... per below. There's more peculiar behavior, when scrolling "more from season x" It won't scroll to episodes that don't have this double entry. I've got a bunch of these issues, so a one at a time fix is unlikely to be possible.

The blank one: (this one doesn't play)

bad.png.c5ba96c444d2015dd212a18b06cde9fa.png.b9e1b9557079271e3762d877303e446c.png

The correct one: (plays fine)

good.png.b1e52b16af7272d0caaad901e74f4d3c.png.428d0492314d66b712f80abbaa200ff4.png

When imported into kodi it looks like this:image.png.1b2fabce62a48d10d61b0bf3d8b4d3bc.png.f5a72dc0dd0a2073ea487839308156bd.png

Happy2Play

I guess the real question is has it been this way for over a year?  Can only guess a defect in a previous version.

Does removing that item remove both entries?

But unfortunately minus manaully looking in the database I am guessing library will have to be removed, library scan, and readd the library or just series itself.

SwanStream

Date of file add is listed above... 5/25/21. 

What happens to watched status if library is removed? I'm guessing it's all lost? Anyway of avoiding that?

SwanStream

And since this isn't the only case of this, is there any way to do a db querry to list out all the files with no file size (as shown above... the bad has no file size)

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Date of file add is listed above... 5/25/21. 

What happens to watched status if library is removed? I'm guessing it's all lost? Anyway of avoiding that?

Watch status is maintained by providerid so only items without online provider data will ever lose played state.

But would test on one item ie your example as both entries should be removed if the item is removed.

SwanStream

Could it be as simple as kill NFO file and rescan? Here's the example's nfo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2021-05-25 08:58:27</dateadded>
  <title>Handcrafted America - S01E10</title>
  <sorttitle>Handcrafted America - S01E10</sorttitle>
  <art />
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>0</total>
  </resume>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails />
  </fileinfo>
  <showtitle>Handcrafted America</showtitle>
  <ratings>
        <rating name="default" max="10" default="true">
            <value>0.0</value>
            <votes>0</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
  <votes>0</votes>
</episodedetails>

Happy2Play
50 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Could it be as simple as kill NFO file and rescan?

No as you have mentioned there are two different itemids so the item must be removed from the database to correct the issue. 

Otherwise you will have to dig through the database to manually delete these rogue entries.