Locked title and all thumbnails are gone!

embytestit

embytestit

Hi,

I have generated with much effort for about 50 movies in a Library A own thumbnails and assigned them with "Edit images" to the movies.
I also gave the movies their own TITLES with "Edit Metadata".

Behind the TITLE field is a lock icon that you can click to protect the TITLE content. This then changed to green color with the lock icon closed.
Additionally I also checked the "Lock this item to prevent future changes" checkbox for those videos at the very bottom of the Edit Metadata window.

Since I created another, additional library B today, I then checked "Scan media library" under "Scheduled Tasks" as well as "Thumbnail image extraction".

Now the manually assigned thumbnails have disappeared for all movies in library A, which raises the question of how I can actually "lock" them so that they don't disappear during a "Thumbnail image extraction" for a newly created library and I have to laboriously reassign all individual thumbnails from scratch again?

And above all, I wonder why a "Scan media library" deleted all individually captured titles for my videos, even though they were "locked" by the green lock and also "Lock this item to prevent future changes" was activated at the very bottom of the metadata?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
embytestit

embytestit

Hi,

I do not understand the question? I don't think you can do anything with the names of my folders.

Kind regards
embytestit

embytestit

Hello,

@ebr:

Sorry, I still do not understand your question!
The problem I described has absolutely nothing to do with any path specifications!

After the problem described at the beginning, I have entered all the titles, etc. again with a lot of time.

Today - a few days later - I log in and find that again the TITLE information has been replaced by the names in the "Sort title" field, although I had locked the TITLE (There is a GREEN lock icon to the right of the title, which I hope means locked!). I had also checked "Lock this item to prevent future changes" for all videos.

How can it be explained that such instructions were apparently simply ignored by the emby software and all the effortfully entered information could be deleted repeatedly?

Thanks and kind regards
embytestit

embytestit

Hi,

I had deliberately made copies of the /var/db/emby-server/ folder in case the BUG  (Disappearing title information) occurs again.

So I stopped the emby server (FreeBSD 13.0) using "service emby-server stop", restored the backed up /var/db/emby-server/ folder and then restarted the emby server.

Now a new problem arises: After calling MyDomain.tld:8920 nothing happens! No webinterface appears!

emby-server.txt shows up following:

2022-07-26 21:31:07.610 Info VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Execute: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -hide_banner -show_program_version -loglevel 48 -show_error -show_log 40 vaencdec -print_format json
2022-07-26 21:31:07.612 Info VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Process exited with code 1 - Failed
2022-07-26 21:31:07.666 Error VaapiCodecProvider: Error running ffdetect for vaencdec - ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect not found

2022-07-26 21:31:07.667 Error VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Output:

2022-07-26 21:31:07.667 Error VaapiCodecProvider: ProcessRun 'ffdetect_vaencdec' Error Output:
    ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.7 required by /usr/local/lib/emby-server/bin/ffdetect not found

I wonder why emby server 4.7.5.0 was running correctly and now - after a restart - it does not work correctly anymore and throws the error messages mentioned above?

Kind regards
embytestit

58 minutes ago, embytestit said:

Hello,

@ebr:

Sorry, I still do not understand your question!
The problem I described has absolutely nothing to do with any path specifications!

After the problem described at the beginning, I have entered all the titles, etc. again with a lot of time.

Today - a few days later - I log in and find that again the TITLE information has been replaced by the names in the "Sort title" field, although I had locked the TITLE (There is a GREEN lock icon to the right of the title, which I hope means locked!). I had also checked "Lock this item to prevent future changes" for all videos.

How can it be explained that such instructions were apparently simply ignored by the emby software and all the effortfully entered information could be deleted repeatedly?

Thanks and kind regards
embytestit

Hi, this is what he's asking, and I'm curious of as well:

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths have you added to each one?

Now a new problem arises: After calling MyDomain.tld:8920 nothing happens! No webinterface appears!

This might be normal if you haven't setup SSL on your Emby Server. Have you setup SSL? Please attach the complete server log file. Thanks.

embytestit
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is what he's asking, and I'm curious of as well:

How many Emby libraries have you created,

3 - 4!

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

and what folder paths have you added to each one?

What does it matter what the paths are called?
This must have absolutely no effect on the fact that locked TITLES/ITEMS simply change independently.
LOCKED means locked!

The path to the main library is /usr/home/vj/emby/videos-voegel.
There are several subfolders in this one, but they have not been added individually, which is also irrelevant.

Kind regards
embytestit

Hi, we are really trying to help. I understand your frustration, but being this contentious is not going to help us get to the bottom of your issue. If you'll allow us to help you, we're happy to work with you to figure out what's going on here.

embytestit

Hi,

I simply would like to know why settings are ignored?

Or does the "green lock symbol" to the right side of the title field does NOT mean "locked"?
Will I have to click on the "green symbol" again to lock the title information?

Kind regards
embytestit

Edited by embytestit

9 minutes ago, embytestit said:

Hi,

I simply would like to know why settings are ignored?

Or does the "green lock symbol" to the right side of the title field does NOT mean "locked"?
Will I have to click on the "green symbol" again to lock the title information?

Kind regards
embytestit

We're asking questions as a means of collecting information so that we can try and learn why your configured images changed.

embytestit
1 hour ago, Luke said:

This might be normal if you haven't setup SSL on your Emby Server. Have you setup SSL? Please attach the complete server log file. Thanks.

Hi,

that was a good hint, although of course the SSL connection should have continued to work after a restart.

Solution: Obviously the status of "Secure connection mode:" is not saved correctly when backing up /var/db/emby-server.

I had to log into the Emby web interface via port 8096 and enable "Secure connection mode:" (preferred, but not required!) AGAIN.

Now I can use the SSL connection via port 8920 again.

Kind regards
embytestit

Edited by embytestit

16 hours ago, Luke said:

How many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths have you added to each one?

Hi.  If you can please answer this question, it may give us insight into your issue.

Thanks.

Hi.  You said you created three libraries but only provided a single path.  Can you please tell us exactly what paths you added to each library?

Thanks.

embytestit

Hi,

I have explained several times that I have not separately assigned the subfolders located in this directory. This is not necessary, because the subfolders are scanned automatically.

Details can be found under
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/110606-access-rights-and-recommended-container-formats-for-streaming/#comment-1164894

Only in terms of granularity of access rights does this matter, because unfortunately emby does not show the subfolders when managing access rights if they have not been assigned individually to a library.

Best regards
embytestit

You said you created "3-4" libraries but only gave a single path.  Each library should have a unique path.  Did you assign that same path to different libraries?

embytestit

Hi,

the path names are totally different ones:

\usr\home\vj\emby\videos-voegel
\usr\home\vj\emby\videos
\usr\home\vj\emby\videos-und-fotos
\usr\home\vj\emby\erster-ausflug

Kind regards
embytestit

11 minutes ago, embytestit said:

Hi,

the path names are totally different ones:

\usr\home\vj\emby\videos-voegel
\usr\home\vj\emby\videos
\usr\home\vj\emby\videos-und-fotos
\usr\home\vj\emby\erster-ausflug

Kind regards
embytestit

Okay, so, you have 4 libraries and each one of them has exactly one of those paths defined for it?

embytestit

Each of the four libraries has been assigned a unique path, which has NOT been assigned to any other library.

Regards
embytestit

OK, can you get this situation to happen again consistently? For example, assigning something a new image, then running the scheduled tasks that you mentioned in the first post?