Upgrade broke SSL (fixed)

rod626

rod626

Using Synology DSM7, I upgraded from Emby 4.6.* to 4.7.5.0 by doing a manual install of the apk per the usual instructions.  After updating, I was unable to connect via SSL, always receiving "connection refused" error in all browsers.  The emby logs were no help.  I eventually narrowed it down to the fact that the install had deleted my certificate from /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/etc/ssl/certs/.  To fix it, I copied the certificate back to that location, then set permissions with chmod 644 and chown emby:emby.  Everything else worked fine.

rod626
1 hour ago, heffeque said:

Hopefully this will be fixed in 4.7.6.0 when it comes to the Package Center, correct?

I’m not sure.  I use commercial SSL certs and I have emby and DSM using different SSL certs, and bound to different DNS names.  I would expect that most people will just use the free certs from letsencrypt, or the cert bound to DSM, so the upgrade will want to get those scenarios correct first.

heffeque

Ah, misunderstood your issue then...

Using letsencrypt here, in combination with reverse proxy, which seems to work fine.