Disable Plugins Option

JsinFate

JsinFate

Hi guys. I was wondering if there could be an option to disable individual plugins as well as an option to disable ALL plugins and reboot the server in a "safe mode", much like the Firefox option to reboot disabling addons. I think this could help trouble shoot and help diagnose.

Just a thought.

Thank you guys!

• Like 5

JsinFate
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes it's not a bad idea. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it could help if anyone is having issues with Emby. It would be a quick troubleshooting step to try if you could just disable al plugins and reboot.

Thank you Luke!

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
rbjtech

@Luke@softworkz

Given the issues in the latest Beta caused by plugins - and the fact Plugins are an established integral part of emby (and are gaining traction, especially with the new Dev toolsets) - can I ask if this FR can be considered ?

Currently, I have a quick script to just rename the DLL's and restart emby - but if as per the FR there is some sort of selection process or 'safe mode' in emby - then I think that would be a really good feature to help diagnose initial issues.

To add to it -

a) maybe a command line option as well - ie '- safemode' - and it starts emby without any optional plugins.

b) the system tray icon could also have a 'Restart Emby in Safe mode' as well - incase the web browser itself is inaccessible following a Plugin issue.

c) having a 'Disable' option for each Plugin itself in 'MyPlugins' (not just 'Settings' and 'Uninstall') would be nice as well.

d) API updated to have a 'Disable/Enable a Plugin' option - as currently only 'list or uninstall' appears to exist.

Thanks.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 3

• 9 months later...