"Select All" Option When Adding To A Collection

JsinFate
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

JsinFate

Hello. I recently installed the plugin "Auto Box Sets"  to my Emby, but, after adding some movies  I saw a notification that the plugin was no longer supported so I removed it.

I didn't notice till hours later that the custom collections that I had made for specific actors were all missing. It seems that removing the plugin also removed all custom "Collections" that I had created.

I had 6 that I needed to re-create and adding all the movies I have from these actors was a painful chore.

What would have helped is if there had been a "Select All" option to add all the movies or TV shows from an actor into a collection.

For instance, I am a huge Vincent Price fan and have 72 of his movies. I had to manually select all  movies one at a time then manually add them to a new collection. Normally I use Firefox but since an update broke the mouse over options I had to use Chrome so that I could click each movie one at a time then add them.

In the screen shot you can see that a search has found  Vincent Price movies, each one needing to be manually selected. I also have TV shows that needed to be added.

image.thumb.png.df60b8a0a8de25a028f1403e8769a6cd.png

image.thumb.png.2b13d1a8fb7bf0c226a5b6d9ee54b66a.png

Just a thought.

Thanks guys!

Edited by JsinFate

• Solution

HI, yes a select all in multi-select is planned for future updates. Thanks.

JsinFate
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, yes a select all in multi-select is planned for future updates. Thanks.

Awesome!

Thank you Luke!!

• Thanks 1

JsinFate

I tried it out but there doesn't seem to be a search function so I don't know how I could use it to search for an actor and all of his movies that I may have and select them all to add to a collection.

Happy2Play

@VicMoorecan searching for person be added for includeitemtype? 

Actually I can see in web client view and click on a person within a movie to see all their media just need a way to select all media for a person to add to colleciton.

Edited by Happy2Play

VicMoore

Hello Happy2Play...

I will look into doing this tomorrow.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello JsinFate...

I will add an option where you can build a collection from all of the movies on your server for a given actor/actress. I am very busy at the moment so this will take a few days to complete. Will this solve your problem?

Vic

JsinFate
33 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello JsinFate...

I will add an option where you can build a collection from all of the movies on your server for a given actor/actress. I am very busy at the moment so this will take a few days to complete. Will this solve your problem?

Vic

Please don't worry about it. There is absolutely no rush.

I made a post for a select all feature when trying to build a collection in the request section and followed a suggestion from Happy2Play here.

I just noticed there was not a search function to look up movies or actors. This is NOT high priority at all. Just if you ever remember and have the time.

Thank you!

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, JsinFate said:

I just noticed there was not a search function to look up movies

There is as it is in a library then filter.

As I don't see select all/bulk editing anytime soon.

• Like 1