Auto chapter import from .description files

Pommes

Pommes

Hi,

so i am using emby also for managing my YT Library (mainly music but everything as video file)

Many of the videos include whats in youtube called "timestamps" basically just a couple lines in the description like
"02:53 Nightcore - Diviners & Azertion - Feelings [NCS Release]" or "05:27 Nightcore - Kenaj & CHPTR. - Never Let Go (feat. Kelsey Ray) [ARWV Free Release]"

And if you open the files for example in vlc it also showes them correctly and allowes you to jump to the next one (see pic)

It would be so nice to see this implemented into emby. So

1. Be able to skip to the next "chapter/timestamp" within a video over sth like a hotkey
2. Auto get them from .description files

:)

Unbenannt.PNG

Pommes
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what creates these description files?

yt-dlp its basically just like a txt file where the yt video description is pasted in without any special layout or anything,

second option woult be to get it from the json file (also created by ytdlp) but there you would need to follow a specific format

Edited by Pommes

Pommes

For example the video is called Best Nightcore Songs Mix 2022 ♫ 1 Hour Nightcore ♫ NCS, Trap, Dubstep, DnB, Electro House - 2022-07-01 - myvNNORyrz4.webm
the thumbnail Best Nightcore Songs Mix 2022 ♫ 1 Hour Nightcore ♫ NCS, Trap, Dubstep, DnB, Electro House - 2022-07-01 - myvNNORyrz4.jpg
and this is the description file that comes with it

Best Nightcore Songs Mix 2022 ♫ 1 Hour Nightcore ♫ NCS, Trap, Dubstep, DnB, Electro House - 2022-07-01 - myvNNORyrz4.description

OK well I've never heard of these files before but I suppose it's possible for the future. Thanks.

roaku

Do you just need to add the '--embed-chapters' flag to your download command?

@Pommes

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
57 minutes ago, roaku said:

Do you just need to add the '--embed-chapters' flag to your download command?

@Pommes

In my test with FFMPEG Batch as it uses yt-dlb enabling that option embeds the chapters.

image.thumb.png.fd0e58b155453cfec264841a30187c49.png

• Like 1