YouTube thinks Emby is a pirating software

clarkss12

clarkss12

I have made a YouTube video "Demo of "Emby for Kodi" Running on CoreELEC".  Today, YouTube gave me a strike saying I violated their rules.  They said that video was showing how to pirate media.  I filed an appeal of their ruling.  Strange.

BTW, that video has been in use for quite awhile.  Their AI must have flagged the content as pirate content.........

Edit: Wonder if I had used Plex instead of Emby, would they have flagged it??

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Or maybe it was Kodi related.

I had not thought of that, perhaps you are correct. 

• Thanks 1

chef

I have many YouTube videos about emby on my channel. Some with 2.1k views, and are monitized. I haven't come across this.

It might indeed be Kodi.

What's your channel and I'll sub!

Edited by chef

clarkss12
56 minutes ago, chef said:

I have many YouTube videos about emby on my channel. Some with 2.1k views, and are monitized. I haven't come across this.

It might indeed be Kodi.

Here is my channel.  A lot of my videos mention Emby.

https://www.youtube.com/user/clarkss12/videos

• Like 1

clarkss12
57 minutes ago, chef said:

It might indeed be Kodi.

What is your channel?

TeamB

I had one of my videos removed by youtube today for piracy violations.

I have had two up for over a year, one on how to install EmbyCon and another on now to use it. The how to use it was flagged and removed by youtube, the how to install was not (yet) they both have about 4.5K views. They both mentioned Kodi and Emby.

31 minutes ago, TeamB said:

I had one of my videos removed by youtube today for piracy violations.

I have had two up for over a year, one on how to install EmbyCon and another on now to use it. The how to use it was flagged and removed by youtube, the how to install was not (yet) they both have about 4.5K views. They both mentioned Kodi and Emby.

Can you appeal it?

19 minutes ago, TeamB said:

yes but I cant be bothered

You should. For evil to win all it takes is good people to do nothing. If you do nothing eventually they will suspend your account the next time this happens. Strikes add up. Do something this time. Fight back against the strike. ^_~

Edited by speechles
  • Agree 3

TeamB
1 hour ago, speechles said:

You should. For evil to win all it takes is good people to do nothing. If you do nothing eventually they will suspend your account the next time this happens. Strikes add up. Do something this time. Fight back against the strike. ^_~

evil has already won

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

clarkss12

I appealed mine with a lengthy statement on why it is NOT teaching how to pirate media, but did NO good.  I have one strike now, but since a lot of my videos show Emby and CoreELEC, Kodi, etc., I expect to soon have my channel completely taken down.

Amazing that YouTube is totally clueless.

clarkss12

Absolutely amazing, TechDoctorUK has a large following on YouTube and it is nothing but teaching how to pirate media.

My channel has nothing to do with showing people how to pirate media. This baffles my mind. 

21 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Absolutely amazing, TechDoctorUK has a large following on YouTube and it is nothing but teaching how to pirate media.

My channel has nothing to do with showing people how to pirate media. This baffles my mind. 

https://headtopics.com/us/a-youtuber-faces-issues-over-reviewing-apps-available-on-google-play-hackernoon-24018593

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/tech-news/youtuber-receives-strikes-for-reviewing-legal-video-apps-available-on-google-play-torrentfreak/

He did something. It is likely happening because the AI keyword detection. When it hears you mention "KODI" along with any other keywords it finds unacceptable. They are using the AI to make the captions and then it can make assumptions based upon those captions.

It also might be content policing trolls hitting you. The ones who dislike certain people, attire worn, behavior of people, backgrounds used, applications used, etc in your videos so they report you falsely on purpose for violations. Petty people with no lives and all the free time in the world.

You can fight back. Proof you can fight and get your channel back is TechDoctorUK still existing. Perhaps message that "team" of people behind TechDoctorUK and see how they avoided falling into the strike trap when making videos about legal applications.

Edited by speechles

clarkss12
On 7/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, speechles said:

https://headtopics.com/us/a-youtuber-faces-issues-over-reviewing-apps-available-on-google-play-hackernoon-24018593

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/tech-news/youtuber-receives-strikes-for-reviewing-legal-video-apps-available-on-google-play-torrentfreak/

He did something. It is likely happening because the AI keyword detection. When it hears you mention "KODI" along with any other keywords it finds unacceptable. They are using the AI to make the captions and then it can make assumptions based upon those captions.

It also might be content policing trolls hitting you. The ones who dislike certain people, attire worn, behavior of people, backgrounds used, applications used, etc in your videos so they report you falsely on purpose for violations. Petty people with no lives and all the free time in the world.

You can fight back. Proof you can fight and get your channel back is TechDoctorUK still existing. Perhaps message that "team" of people behind TechDoctorUK and see how they avoided falling into the strike trap when making videos about legal applications.

Interesting, thanks.  I will be receiving a new Mecool Google Certified device to review in a couple of days, terrified on what I can demonstrate.   I always use Emby to demonstrate the media capabilities, Kodi not so much.

Techdoctor says that the word "FREE" is also a trigger.  I often use that word when talking about the "FREE" OTA TV  channels.  Guess I will have  to NOT use that "FREE" word when talking about TV from over the air using an antenna.

Also, that video that they flagged was quite old.

Edited by clarkss12

TeamB

yeah mine was old as well, probably 2 or 3 years old and not even linked to from anywhere, it was an unlisted video that I was linking to in the main EmbyCon thread on how to use it with Kodi but I replaced it with the current one years ago. It had about 4.6K views but all old ones, unless someone had the link book marked there was no way of finding it.

There was no talking in my video, it was just video caps taken on windows while browsing through a dummy collection of empty strm files in a test Emby Setup. To be honest I dont even remember exactly what was in it and since it is gone and I dont have the original I can only speculate on why it was removed. Their reason was very broad.

I sympathies with you on your strike.

It does not worry me and I dont use youtube for any actual important reason, I have like 3 videos uploaded that if I lost would not be the end of the world. However for people like you it can be devastating.

This is what I meant when I said evil has already won, these services are great, sometimes too good to be true, FREE video content hosting that if it does well you might be able to build a revenue stream from, AWESOME!. But these services are like the devil, you sell your soul, they own you, they control everything and what they feel is in the best interest of them and only them. You are just free content creators that they build their brand on.

The race has been run, and evil won.

clarkss12

A lot of my how to videos, I use because I forget how to do something.

clarkss12

I don't get any $$ from YouTube, but I do have a couple of Chinese companies that send me hardware to review.  That does save me some $$ because I have purchased a LOT of Android boxes in the last  10 years.  I am addicted to them.

TeamB
16 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

I don't get any $$ from YouTube, but I do have a couple of Chinese companies that send me hardware to review.  That does save me some $$ because I have purchased a LOT of Android boxes in the last  10 years.  I am addicted to them.

ok, I thought you might be a content creator trying to earn a little $$.

Yes I am addicted to Raspberry Pi, not that I can buy them at the moment with the chip shortage 😞

clarkss12
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

ok, I thought you might be a content creator trying to earn a little $$.

Yes I am addicted to Raspberry Pi, not that I can buy them at the moment with the chip shortage 😞

I just make YouTube videos for the fun of it.  I am always wanting to try the **NEXT** new box.  Gave up tobacco years ago, and use the saved money to buy these boxes, as a reward.