Collections Need a Delete Button

Bobbybare
Go to solution Solved by Bobbybare,

Bobbybare

I am fed up with trying to Delete the Collections Folder on the Home page! 

There needs to be a Delete option in the three button drop down menu. 

There is one on every other folder including Playlists!

Happy2Play

Was going to comment in your other topic, but Collections are a virtual item created from media metadata so deleting a collection library is meaningless if items have collection data as the next scan automatically recreates it. 

So you would have to manually delete every Collection along with ensuring every item no longer has collection metadata and adjust per library options.

But for your two Collection libraries you can trick the system and delete them to allow them to rebuild.

Shutdown Emby

go to "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default" folder and delete Collections folder or just the options.xml in the collection folder (path will be platform prevalent)

start Emby and go to Dashboard-Library and delete the Collections library. 

This starts a library scan and rebuilds the collection library

Bobbybare

Hi,

I'm running Emby server on my Terra-Master F2-221 NAS not my Windows PC.

I have tried to find the data folders for Emby but they appear to be hidden by the system and I have run out of ideas how to fix this!

HI, a server log will display the path to the server's data folder right near the top of the log file. You can view a server log directly in the server web interface, in the Logs section. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Bobbybare

Hi, I found the Server's data folder path in the log file, but I cannot find a way to locate it in the Terra-Master file explorer. It will not allow system files to be seen and I have checked all the system settings and cannot find a way to allow them or have access to them.

Still stuck!!

• Solution
Bobbybare

Thanks for this solution

TM Support gave me a solution to find the Emby folder, I deleted the options.xml when I got to the library The was then an option to Delete the library folder.

• Like 1