Cannot play any TV shows via the Emby Skill for Alexa

BenVenn

BenVenn

Good evening all, and TIA for whomever may be able to fix this issue I'm having!

I'm a first time Alexa-user, and I've installed the Emby skill (release, UK English). My Emby server has remote access enabled on port 443 with a valid SSL certificate and I've linked my Emby Skill to my server via Emby Connect (that's all working fine).

I'm able to play movies and music to my default player, but whenever I try and play a TV show I get the message ""Sorry I'm having trouble accessing your Emby skill right now" and then Alexa goes and switches herself off.

Has anyone any thoughts as to why this may be?

Many thanks and kind regards @cayars

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, what do you have set as your default player?

Have you tried telling Alexa a specific player to use for video? @cayars

• Like 1

BenVenn

I had set my Android TV as my default player. For testing purposes I also removed and re-added the Emby skill and then didn't choose a default player to see if it made a difference, unfortunately it did not. @cayars

That's the opposite of what I suggested but it sounds like that's the setup you previously had setup? @cayars

BenVenn

Sorry if I was being vague, to clarify:

• My TV was set as the default player (DNLA to my AndroidTV)
  • I tried asking Alexa to play both with and without specifying a player, with the same result

If I asked Alexa to state next episodes available she would also reply by saying she could not find any.

I've recently popped my Emby setup over from a Linux server to Synology so I probably won't be able to test this for a short while anyway, I understand that the Alexa skill requires an HTTPS connection on port 443 which is not available for Synology installations out of the box (due to requiring a reverse proxy, which I haven't quite figured out yet). Once I've had a chance to rectify this I'll test again. @cayars

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...