Unable to load ROMs from client PC

darkcheops
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

darkcheops

I am trying to set up MB3 and MBT.  Everything seems to be working fine when I play games from MBT on the server PC itself the game starts with no problems.  When I try to play a game on any client PC the emulator launches but it gives an error opening the rom or just never loads it.  I have most of my game roms stored on a network share so I tried copying some of them to be stored locally on the server but that still has the same problem.  I also tried setting up path substitution but only succeeded in causing the issue on the server as well.  This happens on all the emulators I have tried and on 3 different client pcs.  MBT is set up identically on the client and the server. 

Edited by darkcheops

• Solution
Redshirt

You can't use local drive paths on remote machines. The client cant decipher them. You should create a network share on the server pointing to the games folder. IE: \\Servername\Games\ Then point each path in the gamebrowser config to that share. IE: \\Servername\Games\Snes. That way games will be visible to both local and remote clients.

• Like 2