Can't delete movies from a playlist, directly in the playlist

Matot

Hi,

First, sorry for my english, i'm french. I really like emby ( i migrated from plex and Emby is really a better app on LG Smart TV)

Just a quick request for playlist in the LG TV APP. Can you add on option to delete a movie from a playlist, directly inside the playlist page ? We don't have this option on LG TV app when we are in the playlist page. Is that something possible to make ? 

Also, when we are in the playlist page, ( i'm only speaking movie playlist, not music), when we click on a poster movie, the movie launch directly. Instead, is it possible to arrive in the main movie page ( for selecting language option, subtittles, have all the informations, casting...)

Thank you for your hard work. The LG TV app just miss some subtle touch to be perfect....I hope this kind of request can be implemented. I know LG is very strict and slow when authorize an update for an app.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @Matot are you able to use the menu or info button when a playlist item is highlighted? the context menu that comes up should have a Remove from Playlist option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke, sorry for the late answer. 
when i go in the playlist, there is an option menu ( three dots) for the entire palylist, on the top of the page. But when i highlight a movie, there no menu option for the highlight movie. All i can do is play the movie, that’s all. 

Even when i in the movie general presentation page, in the option menu, i don’t have any option to delete the movie from a playlist. Just add to a playlist

On 8/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, Matot said:

Even when i in the movie general presentation page, in the option menu, i don’t have any option to delete the movie from a playlist. Just add to a playlist

You won't see it there because that screen is about the movie, not the playlist.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:11 PM, Matot said:

Hi Luke, sorry for the late answer. 
when i go in the playlist, there is an option menu ( three dots) for the entire palylist, on the top of the page. But when i highlight a movie, there no menu option for the highlight movie. All i can do is play the movie, that’s all. 

Try highlighting one of the playlist items and then using the menu/info button on the remote.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:49 AM, Luke said:

Try highlighting one of the playlist items and then using the menu/info button on the remote.

Ok. I understand now but it's a bit complicated with Magic Remote. I don't have "INFO" button on my remote, i have to click on another button, select "INFO" in a sub menu and then i can have the context menu to show up. And to highlight the movie, i can't use the cursor of the magic remote, i have to use the arrows.

Maybe a menu button on the  right of each movies in the playlist so we can click to show up the context menu with the cursor of the magic remote ?

I use every day the Emby app on LG TV with the magic remote, and i have several ideas to improve the Emby client app on WebOs with Magic remote.

But, i can't code, i don't know how.  Maybe i can create a topic where i put all my ideas for a better LG client app ( with magic remote).

Thanks for you help, 

OK, sounds like we need a better way of getting to that. Perhaps a long press context menu similar to other platforms.