Next up list disappeared

kmed27
Go to solution Solved by ryembyan,

kmed27

Just watched an episode of a series and for some reason it crashed out, back to the tv screen.

Went back in to Emby and now it just shows the current episode and the season boxes BUT the list of all next up episodes has disappeared?

I checked on the pc and that is exactly the same.

How do I get the horizontal list of all episodes back as it always has been before today.

I haven't updated for a while (on 4.7.2) but it just changed not sure what happened?

Any help appreciated.

kmed27

When I go into a series, All the episodes showed in a horizontal list with the next to play on left.

Since today, the list does not show either on the tv or the pc.

The only thing showing is the single next to play and the season boxes.

kmed27

Just to let you know, the list came back!

Watched an episode of a series last night,where the list wasn't showing. Changed to another series afterwards and the list magically appeared!?!

Checked the previous series and others and they are all showing the next up list again???

Checked a gain today and they have gone again!!

As you can see from the image, there is no next-up list above the seasons.

No Next up List.jpg

GrimReaper

Tbh I'm surprised that you've seen it at all, being on 4.7.2, as Next Up in series view has been intentionally removed by the Dev during 4.7+ beta cycle as it has been considered redundant. Unfortunately, reluctance expressed against it was not enough for its removal to be prevented. Several topics regarding that around the forum. 

kmed27

It is the first time I have seen it like this and I do not; like it at all.

I like to see what is coming up.

Are you saying there is no way to get it back? and it is just a fluke for some reason that it has not happened before?

@Luke can this be re-instated even as an option, the code must be there as it is working some og the time on my setup?

Happy2Play

The Series level does tell you next up and the play button plays that episode.  But I highly doubt the row will return.  The code was removed in the redesign/layout in 4.7.

image.png.975039d239baef29295c9d4022337961.png

kmed27

That is what has started happening BUT it is not much use, you cannot see the still frame which tells so much about the episode(s).

Why does software always have to take a backwards step when it was good and then take away a very useful feature?

At the moment it has started to work again on the TV which is good? and is showing the episodes again, so the code is still there.

I must say that i am very dissapointed if this is the case.

• 5 months later...
ryembyan

I have not updated to 4.7 primarily because this feature was removed. (Well I did update but then downgraded and turned off automatic updates now.) I would like to see this added back as a settings option to enable it.

Something like "Show Next Up list on series page."

On 12/20/2022 at 7:11 PM, ryembyan said:

I have not updated to 4.7 primarily because this feature was removed. (Well I did update but then downgraded and turned off automatic updates now.) I would like to see this added back as a settings option to enable it.

Something like "Show Next Up list on series page."

Hi, the title of the next episode is still visible on the series screen. Have you noticed that?

ryembyan
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, the title of the next episode is still visible on the series screen. Have you noticed that?

Yes, I see that on my backup server that is running the new version, there is one line that shows the next season/episode and title only. But for me the old method worked better and looks better aesthetically imo. I like to be able to scroll through the episode thumbnails without clicking on each season. I also have videos which I never mark as watched so I can easily replay them from the next up list without having to use more clicks to go back and forth between each season list.

• 5 months later...