Unlocked Fire TV 4K Max - Alex says "Emby server not Premier enabled"

Kingsview

Kingsview

I have been successfully using Emby (without Premier) for my home music collection, streamed from my PC to Fire TV and then to AVR. I just paid the unlocking fee for Fire TV and have the confirmation from Amazon. Alexa finds my server OK but tells me it isn't Premier enabled. Isn't the unlock supposed to make voice control work? I have unlinked and relinked the skill, discovered devices and I still get that message.

Is there something else I need to do?

Hi.  The unlock only unlocks playback for that app.  It does not give you the other Premiere features.  Alexa support is a Premiere feature.

Feature Matrix

Kingsview

Thanks ebr.  I have seen that matrix before. So the fact that I have been able to play music streamed through the Fire TV for several months should not have worked? Or is it because music is OK but video is not? Someone told me that video would be different.

Now that it is unlocked do I have any benefit I did not have before?

And sorry for the Alex (missing "a") in the title .... I couldn't see an edit option after posting.

23 minutes ago, Kingsview said:

Now that it is unlocked do I have any benefit I did not have before?

Hi, yes, you have full playback capability in that app.

Kingsview

I could play the music before I unlocked it. I have been doing so since last year. So what else has it given me?

Kingsview

My music collection and Emby server are on the same PC. My Fire TV 4K Max is connected to the PC via wifi, and is connected into my Denon AVR HDMI.

So, using the Fire TV remote, and the installed Emby app, I control the playback selection with my remote. This works fine. So, now that I have the Alexa skill unlocked I have not seen any change.

Hi.  The unlock is not related to Alexa.  It is an unlock for the app.  Alexa support is a Premiere only feature.  Unlocking the app and Premiere are two totally separate feature sets (as shown in the matrix above).

Kingsview

OK thanks. It just seems surprisingly that getting it unlocked made absolutely no difference. But, I will accept that and move on. Case closed.