Sorting choices not remembered after re-login

maxgk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi!

The latest version (4.7.5.0) Emby web app won't remember by sort-by option after I log out. It's indeed remembers as long as the cookies stays. But once user another browser or clear cookies and sign back in, the sorting method I chose before reverts back to Name instead of my choice. The sorting method was definitely remembered across browser sessions in the past versions. I do use private mode for all my browsing and I've set my library sorting method to Data Added and it always stayed that way in the past. But now it's reverted back to Name every time I login. Hope the feature will be back soon! Thank you.

Edited by maxgk

• Solution

HI, yes it's due to private mode. We're not storing the preferences on the server anymore due to the new layout options. The options that you would specify on one screen might not be what you'd want to use on another.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

These are device/client setting that do not apply across all clients.  Clearing cookie/history will reset these option.

But cannot reproduce logout/login losing these settings.  Movies stay on Release Date and TV stays on Last Episode date added (Edge).  Now changing to FireFox will not have these sort options as it is a different client.  Nuking History in Edge resets the options also.

• Thanks 1