External ass subtitles are not propagated to kodi

dianlujitao
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

dianlujitao

I have a .mkv video with embedded subtitles, and external .ass subtitles in other languages within the same directory, e.g.,

- Sword Art Online the Movie -Progressive- Aria of a Starless Night (2021) Bluray-1080p.mkv

- Sword Art Online the Movie -Progressive- Aria of a Starless Night (2021) Bluray-1080p.Chinese.ass

The problem is when streaming with emby, Kodi shows embedded subtitles only, i.e. the .ass is not detected at all. But when directly playing the .mkv file with Kodi via windows explorer, both of the embedded and external subtitles are detected and loaded properly. Emby web player detects both of them as well.

Kodi version: 19.4 UWP

Emby server: 4.7.5.0

Emby-next-gen: 6.2.15, plugin mode

emby.log is kodi debug log when streaming with emby, direct.log is the one when directly playing via windows explorer

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

• Solution
quickmic
10 hours ago, dianlujitao said:

I have a .mkv video with embedded subtitles, and external .ass subtitles in other languages within the same directory, e.g.,

- Sword Art Online the Movie -Progressive- Aria of a Starless Night (2021) Bluray-1080p.mkv

- Sword Art Online the Movie -Progressive- Aria of a Starless Night (2021) Bluray-1080p.Chinese.ass

The problem is when streaming with emby, Kodi shows embedded subtitles only, i.e. the .ass is not detected at all. But when directly playing the .mkv file with Kodi via windows explorer, both of the embedded and external subtitles are detected and loaded properly. Emby web player detects both of them as well.

Kodi version: 19.4 UWP

Emby server: 4.7.5.0

Emby-next-gen: 6.2.15, plugin mode

emby.log is kodi debug log when streaming with emby, direct.log is the one when directly playing via windows explorer

Yes, correct. This feature is only available in 7.x versions.

fyi, I removed the (debug) logs. They include api-keys, regular log are save to upload in public.

Edited by quickmic

dianlujitao
26 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, correct. This feature is only available in 7.x versions.

fyi, I removed the (debug) logs. They include api-keys, regular log are save to upload in public.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
MilkTea

How do u solve this issue? I have similar problem and can't find a way to fix it. 

Edited by MilkTea