Identification Lost

sundevil67

sundevil67

I recently changed the name of one of my libraries along with the corresponding folder and for some reason about 15% of the movies inside now need to be "identified" again. There are a lot of movies in there though, so 15% does mean a fairly significant amount of time to go through it and update them one by one.

Any idea why this would happen to some & not all? Is there by any chance some way to identify that commonality and use it to batch-update? 

Thanks!

PS> I'm not completely sure when I made this change, and figured the log wouldn't have much value in leading to a batch-update solution, but if I have that wrong, let me know and I'll prepare one.

sundevil67

It looks like it's happened where the filenames aren't exactly obvious & I probably did it manually the first time around. I haven't been able to spend any energy on this because I've been dealing with some other much more disruptive issues like getting locked out of my server & repeated prompting for passwords on my local network. I think I really need that Mac OS update to 4.7.5.0 for High Sierra. Anyway, I'll deal with the identification issues as they come up when there's time. I didn't want to leave this open-ended, so you can close the topic for the time being. I appreciate the assistance as always Luke.

• 3 weeks later...