state of Apple TV 4K + Emby?

Jägs

On 11/11/2022 at 5:38 AM, joop said:

Any updates on a fix for playback issues?

If I turn off mpv then all media plays except for 4k content.

Cheers

We're hoping to have an update out next week. Apologies for the disruption.

• Like 1

@Luke and all.  I have been following this as this has been an issue I have had since getting Emby - I asked about it in another post but got no response, so i am glad it has been responded to here.  In either case I liked the product enough to get a lifetime pass even with the issues on ATV - with the hope it would eventually get resolved In the interim - Thank you for working on this and I look forward to seeing this update 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tarmer said:

Did this update ever come out - AppleTV is still an issue 

Hi, we are working to get an update out as quickly as we can. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rlazaro said:

Is there a an overview of whats fixed with this release?

Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:58 AM, rlazaro said:

Is there a an overview of whats fixed with this release?

Forwarding/rewinding seems to be fixed in this release.

But I am noticing a new issue with some weirdness when backing out of playing content- it goes to a black screen for a second before going back to the previous menu that you were at.

Update- I think this is an issue with my TV/dolby vision + Emby. Still troubleshooting. Not affecting other Apple TV device on different TV

Edited by skuuup
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, skuuup said:

Forwarding/rewinding seems to be fixed in this release.

But I am noticing a new issue with some weirdness when backing out of playing content- it goes to a black screen for a second before going back to the previous menu that you were at.

Not a huge problem but makes things feel glitchy. I am gonna do some more testing on my other Apple TV and will be back with more info.

Thanks for the info! Ill give it a try, I havent used emby in a while since 4k stuff hasnt worked and skipping intro has been missing. Hoping to see that in the future..

5 minutes ago, rlazaro said:

Thanks for the info! Ill give it a try, I havent used emby in a while since 4k stuff hasnt worked and skipping intro has been missing. Hoping to see that in the future..

Skip Intro is supported in the latest update to the Emby Apple TV app.

• Like 2

OGGO_sama

Funny - after updating to 1.6.7 on atv, the atv cannot find the server anymore. If I add server IP manually it ends up with a blank server list…

And if I change port (for testing) it says no server found, so obviously it “sees” the server but it doesn’t show up on server list. Very annoying. Anyone else with this problem?

good thing is that it (Emby server running on a Synology NAS inside Docker) works flawlessly from iPhone, LG TV app, and computer.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:45 AM, Luke said:

Skip Intro is supported in the latest update to the Emby Apple TV app.

are there steps on how to enable? Its still missing on my end for all 3 of my apple tvs

55 minutes ago, rlazaro said:

are there steps on how to enable? Its still missing on my end for all 3 of my apple tvs

Do you see it in the web app?

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you enable it in Emby library setup?

I have. I refreshed my meta data on my library and restarted my server and still dont have skip intro.

seanbuff
1 hour ago, rlazaro said:

I have. I refreshed my meta data on my library and restarted my server and still dont have skip intro.

Did you also ensure this scheduled task has run?

image.png.dff12e15d9d36ae4e017c1d2e0250031.png

If so, provide a server log covering the period the above task was run.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:32 PM, seanbuff said:

Did you also ensure this scheduled task has run?

image.png.dff12e15d9d36ae4e017c1d2e0250031.png

If so, provide a server log covering the period the above task was run.

I wasnt done update my library. It works now thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
stephen_hill

To those who are using latest Emby Apple TV App v1.6.8, how do you find it compared to the Android apps, specifically for 4K HDR content?

I currently use FireTV sticks and I am thinking about changing to an Apple TV 4K, but Emby is the app I use the most and so would need to be as good as it's Android version.

vdatanet
24 minutes ago, stephen_hill said:

To those who are using latest Emby Apple TV App v1.6.8, how do you find it compared to the Android apps, specifically for 4K HDR content?

No improvements, HDR passthrough for MKVs is not supported yet.

19 hours ago, cvananden said:

And no floating screen on iOS yet either. I really miss both of these things. 

Stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...
benoitvinc1

I dont know what i have missed... but i just saw Emby 1.7.0 (3) on apple TV work with refresh rate switching. 

As far as i know , this was not working when using MPV .... 

I have tried all format ranging from h264 to h265 HDR etc .... my tv  (LG C1) switch to 24p every time ! 

That is AMAZING !!!! Thank you Emby team !

• Thanks 1

cvananden
58 minutes ago, benoitvinc1 said:

I dont know what i have missed... but i just saw Emby 1.7.0 (3) on apple TV work with refresh rate switching. 

As far as i know , this was not working when using MPV .... 

I have tried all format ranging from h264 to h265 HDR etc .... my tv  (LG C1) switch to 24p every time ! 

That is AMAZING !!!! Thank you Emby team !

I hadn't noticed this. I'll have to check. For the most part, I don't mind emby on the Apple TV 4k - but infuse has definitely been better. Picture quality seems better along with its ability to keep audio properly synced. I'm not saying I like Infuse, I actually prefer emby, as does my wife. I didn't realize how great the android support was in comparison, until I got my apple tv.

My fingers are crossed that we're a good update away.