When Episode Metadata is correct but the Series Doesn't Match

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

When Episode Metadata is correct but the Series Doesn't Match...

I already had the other Star Trek spinoff series in my collection, all but the ORIGINAL Star Trek series.
Today I added it as well, finally. But there was a problem..

All the Original episodes I added were properly identified by Emby, including: the correct Actors and their pictures, the appropriate episode descriptions, the episode titles, their release dates, ..everything. The Episode Metadata were all correct. But, I first noticed something was wrong when on my emby server's home page, under the Latest TV Shows section, Star Trek was not the latest entry there. Star Trek was not there at all. Star Trek Discovery was however.

Since I had not added anything to Star Trek Discovery in months, I became alarmed. And upon careful examination of the HD directory where all my TV series are stored (for use by emby server) I saw first that: the series folder name was indeed Star Trek, that all three season folders were there, and that each episode had indeed been indexed, and the emby .info files were there for each episode as well.
NOTE: At the same level as the Star Trek directory are the other Star Trek series folders as well, as shown below..

• Start Trek
  • Star Trek/Discovery
  • Star Trek/Enterprise
  • Star Trek/Lower Decks
  • etc

Back to the Emby Server home page now..
I dug into the Discovery series' three seasons, and found the Original Star Trek episodes had all been wrongly attributed to the Star Trek Discovery series.

How do I fix this?
I tried using the IMDB episode ID on one of the episodes and saved the change - nothing happened as a result.
I am now going to try removing and then re-adding it again from the media directory to see if it will properly identify the series on a second try.

What can you recommend please?

Hi, I would try using the Identify feature from the 3-dot menu on the series. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Happy2Play

May need to see exact folder structure as what is shown above appears deceiving.  What does Star Trek/Discovery mean?  As I would interpret all of those listed above as Star Trek.

Mendocinotim
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I would try using the Identify feature from the 3-dot menu on the series. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Can't, since Star Trek (Original), as a mis-identified series, does not exist for me to run Identify on.
Yes, I could try it on Star Trek/Discovery, but that is already properly Identified - the Original episodes have been mixed in with the Discovery episodes. Do you think that will somehow know to peel out the Original episodes, re-associate them with the Original series, then create the original series and add them to it? I don't see that happening.

If you see that working let me know.
In either case, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Mendocinotim
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

May need to see exact folder structure as what is shown above appears deceiving.  What does Star Trek/Discovery mean?  As I would interpret all of those listed above as Star Trek.

Sorry, I meant to say Star Trek in all cases - Star wars has nothing to do with it.

Mendocinotim
6 minutes ago, Mendocinotim said:

Sorry, I meant to say Star Trek in all cases - Star wars has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Mendocinotim

Happy2Play
Just now, Mendocinotim said:

Yeah, it confusing because of the way Mac always auto-substitutes : with /

See attached screenshot - this is the folder structure as done in the Mac operating system.

2022-07-12_17-47-30.jpg

My guess would be the slash in folder name as it is an illegal character in Windows.

Mendocinotim
5 minutes ago, Mendocinotim said:

6 minutes ago, Mendocinotim said:

May need to see exact folder structure as what is shown above appears deceiving.

Yeah, it confusing because of the way Mac always auto-substitutes : with /
See attached screenshot - this is the folder structure as done in the Mac operating system.

Happy2Play

Sure the OS may support it but I am guessing NET Core will have a issue with it.

So if you remove the slash are they identified properly?

Happy2Play

Not a Mac users but all mine are like this.

image.png.580086054742bc19f16a0141d32bbb90.png