Transcode HEVC to x264

Aquardz

Aquardz

I've noticed that when a tv or device does not support x265 (HEVC) it won't transcode it to x264, but rather just tries to play it resulting in a black screen and audio.

Would it be possible to detect it somehow?

or is there any way to add in a new option under the user playback settings, under video where they can select that all videos will be transcoded to x264 if it differs?

Aquardz

Hi ebr,

thanks for the speedy response, attached is the server log.

The device in question can be found in the log at this timestamp: 13:02:43.984

this is where the LG TV opened the file (*1) which played as a black screen and audio.

(*1)

Codec: MPEG-H Part2/HEVC (H.265) (hevc)

Type: Video

Video resolution: 1280x718

Buffer dimensions: 1280x720

Frame rate: 23.976215

Encoder: Lavc58.35.100 aac

embyserver.txt

Hi.  It is this playback right here?

2022-07-12 13:02:43.984 Info SessionManager: Playback start reported by app Emby for LG 1.0.35 playing Fool for Liv. Started at 0 ms

Aquardz

Hi Luke,

Model: 55LB652T-TB

WebOS TV Version: 1.4.0-2536 (afro-ashley)

SamES

webOS 1.x FHD (not UHD) TV's don't support HEVC. 

This has already been fixed for the next release.  Please let us know if this problem still exists after you have tested the next release (which is not yet available)

• Like 1

Aquardz

Hi Luke,

When you try go to the episode on the hosted web app, and you click on play, you get the blue circle spinning in the center of the screen for a second and then nothing happens.

The entire page freezes. You can still however move around on the screen using the directional buttons on the remote, but you cannot click on anything. The only way to fix it is to refresh the page.

attached is a snippet of what happened.

TV playback.txt

Edited by Aquardz

@Happy2Play do you recall the html test page you used to have bookmarked where it would report what formats the browser says are supported?

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play do you recall the html test page you used to have bookmarked where it would report what formats the browser says are supported?

I primarily use html5test.com.

• 5 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

Hi Luke,

I've updated to 1.0.37 on the TV and tried again,

I tried 3 episodes in 720p HVEC,

When I try to play the first file it stays black for a few seconds and then pops up with an error saying no streams available but seems like it plays in the background (behind the error).

When you click 'OK' on the error message, it skips to the next episode which opens fine. I skipped to the 3rd episode which played about half a second of the episode 3 times over in a loop and then gave the same error that there are no streams available.

I've attached the Server Log for reference.

embyserver.txt