Jump to content

New Emby Server 4.7.5.0


rminassian
 Share

Recommended Posts

rminassian

I updated my Emby Server from 4.6.7.0 to 4.7.5.0 and the new version will NOT see the localhost:8096. I get blank page. retarted Emby Server a few times and still no page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian
Posted (edited)

10.15.7 (19H1922) 

I currently have Emby Server 4.6.7.0 that was working as of a week ago but now I cannot see my library on Home tab. As requested I update my Emby server to 4.7.5.0 and I cannot log into to my localhost. I revert back to the previous version but I cannot see the Home folder media. I cannot login from my iOS devices to play anything. Spinning circleimage.thumb.jpeg.0d864786ba7747208435e06b7c02d92d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.28fd566a698fbdfd80739dd94b316113.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78741719d8c15b55078c6f0f1f9109c9.jpeg

Edited by rminassian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is any log file generated under /Users/{user}/emby-server/logs ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK well there must be one from rolling back to 4.6.7 and opening the web interface.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

yes 4.6.7 works. for whatever reason 4.7.5 does not open in localhost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

Now having issues with 4.6.7. I cannot see the library on the client app. the login circle keeps going round and round. I can login to the configuration page. As a premiere customer this is a very critical issue for me.  with 4.7.5 I cannot even see the localhost connection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian
Posted (edited)

http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard

I get a blank page with 4.7.5 Emby Server running.. Again I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

There is got to be a reason why the new emby server version is not even allowing localhost. 

I cannot even get http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/embypremiere or http://localhost:8096/web/index.html

With 4.7.5 I don't even get this below

image.thumb.png.910f152a73a510326f48c9e503fb8d1a.png

Edited by rminassian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian
4 hours ago, rminassian said:

http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard

I get a blank page with 4.7.5 Emby Server running.. Again I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

There is got to be a reason why the new emby server version is not even allowing localhost. 

I cannot even get http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/embypremiere or http://localhost:8096/web/index.html

With 4.7.5 I don't even get this below

image.thumb.png.910f152a73a510326f48c9e503fb8d1a.png

BTW - My Localhost Does work. I have tested it with something else with another port and it works. Something with Embyserver 4.7.5 and port 8096 thats an issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rminassian said:

http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard

I get a blank page with 4.7.5 Emby Server running.. Again I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

There is got to be a reason why the new emby server version is not even allowing localhost. 

I cannot even get http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!/embypremiere or http://localhost:8096/web/index.html

With 4.7.5 I don't even get this below

image.thumb.png.910f152a73a510326f48c9e503fb8d1a.png

What exactly does the blank page look like? Can you show a screenshot? What address is in the browser address bar when this happens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

This is on my browser when I try to connect to emby server conimage.thumb.jpeg.6bb51020f7cff2175f9e9d361b081157.jpeg859482902_ScreenShot2022-07-15at7_01_33PM.thumb.jpg.623d7d7b70ee2f1859e1434861aaa30e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

That is I the server side. I am trying to connect on the client (iPad) and this is what I get. Since the server is not associated with he local host obviously the client doesn't see the server.

Even though the Server has started it does not connect to local host. FYI.. I disabled the Firewall completely just to check if firewall issue and its not the case. Again. If i revert back to 4.6.7 it seems to work and I get the localhost connection and can get to the configuration menu but I don't see the library and the client (iPad) keeps spinning circle in trying to connect. 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.66bdeafaf963062edd5bf32e203d4873.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is any emby server log file generated under /Users/user/.config/emby-server/logs ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

Ok, I did it and it seems the Database was corrupt. So I had to re-build the database again. now it works with 4.7.5 now,  but it seems new issues popped up after re-build of the Database. Its now showing a playlist on their side category bar.. I want to remove the playlist from show because its really showing a lot o mundane music. I don't need to see the playlist. Also it shows the Metadata Manager folder also on the side bar. I can I remove both from showing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, rminassian said:

Ok, I did it and it seems the Database was corrupt. So I had to re-build the database again. now it works with 4.7.5 now,  but it seems new issues popped up after re-build of the Database. Its now showing a playlist on their side category bar.. I want to remove the playlist from show because its really showing a lot o mundane music. I don't need to see the playlist. Also it shows the Metadata Manager folder also on the side bar. I can I remove both from showing?

You probably have unwanted playlist files in your music folders. if you were to delete these and then run a library scan, they should go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

If i delete them it also deletes from my filesystem. I don't want to delete from my filesystem I just don't want playlist displayed on my sidebar. I see this has been an issue since 2021. Do you have an instructions on how to delete the playlist without touching the filesystem? Or at least have an option to HIDE the playlist from being shown on the sidebar?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, rminassian said:

Do you have an instructions on how to delete the playlist without touching the filesystem? Or at least have an option to HIDE the playlist from being shown on the sidebar?

At present, you can't. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

rminassian

At present I can’t. In the comments of the link provided you mentioned fix in release 4.7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We plan to add more control over this in future updates. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...