Artist Detail UI - Truncating genres

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi @Luke, @ebr

The UI on the artist detail view appears to have a bug in that it truncates the genre display. I checked the web, IOS and Fire TV.

For example:

john.thumb.jpg.38a81bea7d4f388b6d207c09464ee491.jpg

As you can see in the metadata emby has associated more genres than displayed.

john12.thumb.jpg.ef2c752b5ad5610db702de5a4e710456.jpg

With the size of the list, you may want to display them alphabetically. and use allow for two lines, but that is just an opinion.

Thanks

-vicpa

Happy2Play

Believe this is across the board for all media limited to display 5 genre.

Vicpa
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Believe this is across the board for all media limited to display 5 genre.

Happ2Play, prior to the new music feature, the above makes good sense. But now I think it should show all of them that emby is assigning to the artist. Assigning is the key phrase, All  of my John Lennon albums have a single genre tag of "Rock". As luck would have it "Rock" appears under that limit. 

But.

jimi2.thumb.jpg.565c0dc08f88300ac380aa90d4c5ed6a.jpg 

Again all of the album tags for Mr. Hendrix are "Rock". My users would look at the above and wonder where is rock? and consider it some kind of error. 

@Luke can this be fixed? or expanded?

-Thanks

vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi @Luke

Any thoughts ? What is the rational for the limit?  An incomplete list diminishes the value of even showing genres for artists. As shown above you may or may not even see genres tagged in actual albums of the artist.

thanks

-vicpa

@ebr FYI content aside there seems to be a display issue in the Fire TV app. Wish I could show a screen shot.

In my Jimmi Hendrix example, 'End:" shows up  as the last genre:

Steps to reproduce.

1) click on artist Hendrix

2) genre's are initially show as in the web app. after a sec or two (something running in the background?) Last genre "updates to  "End:".  I have music videos associated with Hendrix if that could be related. Please advise if I can provide more/better info for you to check- Thanks, vicpa

1 hour ago, Vicpa said:

FYI content aside there seems to be a display issue in the Fire TV app. Wish I could show a screen shot.

In my Jimmi Hendrix example, 'End:" shows up  as the last genre:

Thanks.  For some reason, Artists now have a run time associated with them which is triggering this.

• Like 1

Genres for artists are auto-generated based on the content attached to the artist, and sometimes this can result in a really long list that doesn't look great on the detail screen. I think it should be truncated but a More or See All button would be fine.